Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia/Atlanta Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You saying the new tires had less tread!!! .. how's it possible!!. Did you ask them to replace it?
I did not. Didn't check thread until I got home; Tesla is reported to dismiss any tire complaints anyway, referring you to the manufacturer. In any event, 8/32 is at the very low end of some new tire depths, so I'm not going to worry about it. Won't get the same when I replace them.

Just disappointed. But grinning when driving!

Reactions: falcon01
I did not. Didn't check thread until I got home; Tesla is reported to dismiss any tire complaints anyway, referring you to the manufacturer. In any event, 8/32 is at the very low end of some new tire depths, so I'm not going to worry about it. Won't get the same when I replace them.

Just disappointed. But grinning when driving!
Yeah, typically it is 10/32 right. May be all stock tires are that way and you happen to check it. Well just need to enjoy the drive and worry about these things when we come to that.

Well,

I can't say I didn't expect it, but I'm still super disappointed with the latest delays that will cost me even more money with increasing interest rates. MYLR 5-seater, red/white, FSD, tow, Geminis, ODD 2-5-22 EDD August. 4 days later EDD June 15- July 13. Update 3-10-22 EDD now May 15-June 15. April 1 ordered and installed the Tesla Wall Connector (60-amp panel service) to be ready for charging the car. Update 4-11-22 EDD now July 15-Aug 30. Mid-May I started looking at accessories and getting loan documentation together, but no trigger pulled on financing even though rates are rising fast. In early June, I explored selling the existing car while the market is still hot. Update 6-13-22 EDD now August 25-October 8. I suppose FSD does not move you up in priority, at least in my case.

Are others looking at this many delays? Is it due to Austin ramping up production? Will I get 4680s or will it be the 2170s? Any bets on an Austin or Freemont build? Is it a supplier parts shortage? Is Tesla really this incompetent in scheduling the production and delivery of cars????? Are there any bets on the EDD moving again - even later in the fall?

Well,

I can't say I didn't expect it, but I'm still super disappointed with the latest delays that will cost me even more money with increasing interest rates. MYLR 5-seater, red/white, FSD, tow, Geminis, ODD 2-5-22 EDD August. 4 days later EDD June 15- July 13. Update 3-10-22 EDD now May 15-June 15. April 1 ordered and installed the Tesla Wall Connector (60-amp panel service) to be ready for charging the car. Update 4-11-22 EDD now July 15-Aug 30. Mid-May I started looking at accessories and getting loan documentation together, but no trigger pulled on financing even though rates are rising fast. In early June, I explored selling the existing car while the market is still hot. Update 6-13-22 EDD now August 25-October 8. I suppose FSD does not move you up in priority, at least in my case.

Are others looking at this many delays? Is it due to Austin ramping up production? Will I get 4680s or will it be the 2170s? Any bets on an Austin or Freemont build? Is it a supplier parts shortage? Is Tesla really this incompetent in scheduling the production and delivery of cars????? Are there any bets on the EDD moving again - even later in the fall?
OD: 10/11/2021, Pushed several times and now it’s 07/21 - 08/25.

I meant to update everyone earlier on my experience over the weekend.
Called Tesla Decatur on Saturday to make sure I had everything in order for my MYP 06/16 pickup. They confirmed everything looked good and that the car was actually already at the dealership. I asked if I could pick it up earlier than Thursday and they had an opening on Monday(yesterday).
Everything went super smooth. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. The car is perfect and completely exceeds all of my expectations. Only found one small dark smudge on the passenger vizor that they quickly cleaned up and removed. It was a great experience with the Decatur SA.
For those interested, I did receive the moble charging kit and Michelin All Season. Also, I noticed two MYP in the lot that had the summer Pirelli Summer tires so it's still a random crap shoot what you're going to get, but I would have been fine with either.
This beast is awesome - just the entire experience of driving it off the lot and hitting 285 and then 85 for the ride home was a dreamy experience that I will never forget.
So everyone out there that's in delivery limbo hell - hang in there the wait is absolutely worth it!

I meant to update everyone earlier on my experience over the weekend.
Called Tesla Decatur on Saturday to make sure I had everything in order for my MYP 06/16 pickup. They confirmed everything looked good and that the car was actually already at the dealership. I asked if I could pick it up earlier than Thursday and they had an opening on Monday(yesterday).
Everything went super smooth. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. The car is perfect and completely exceeds all of my expectations. Only found one small dark smudge on the passenger vizor that they quickly cleaned up and removed. It was a great experience with the Decatur SA.
For those interested, I did receive the moble charging kit and Michelin All Season. Also, I noticed two MYP in the lot that had the summer Pirelli Summer tires so it's still a random crap shoot what you're going to get, but I would have been fine with either.
This beast is awesome - just the entire experience of driving it off the lot and hitting 285 and then 85 for the ride home was a dreamy experience that I will never forget.
So everyone out there that's in delivery limbo hell - hang in there the wait is absolutely worth it!
I pick mine up 6/17. Mine is there as well and they offered for me to pick it up sooner, but wife is working until Friday. The MYP with the Pirellis was it red by any chance?

Well,

I would expect you are going to get a Freemont 2170 unless things change quickly in TX. I believe they are only making the standard range in TX with 4680 for now. I would say it is supply shortage and demand is through the roof are the main constraints, COVID didn't help! :cool: Your EDD is earlier than mine so you would theorize that yours would be here sooner but with Tesla, who knows. Getting my Wall Charger installed in two weeks, so I am in the same boat as you. Current EDD in sig.

I have wanted one for years, so I don't mind waiting. Would be nice to have it sooner, but it just allows me more time to save up for PPF and such. JM2C.

Well,

Spoke with Tesla rep the other day. All MYLR are being manufactured in Fremont w/o 4680! I hope he is wrong. Someone should call to verify. MYPs are coming out of Austin.

Spoke with Tesla rep the other day. All MYLR are being manufactured in Fremont w/o 4680! I hope he is wrong. Someone should call to verify. MYPs are coming out of Austin.
Are MYPs really coming out of Austin? Supposedly they are producing in Fremont with 2170s and then getting delivered until Austin has their stuff in place for production. One can only hope the ones coming Q3 will be 4680.