Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia/Atlanta Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks, some update from my side.

On Day 2, My mobile charger stopped working after few hours of charging. My garage has GFCI outlet and I even tried other outlet inside my house.. just 1 flashing red light on the charger. Got the service appointment after 16 days.. dang.

Walked to Kennesaw SC and told them the issue and they just replaced my charger as it got faulty.

Hello Folks, some update from my side.

On Day 2, My mobile charger stopped working after few hours of charging. My garage has GFCI outlet and I even tried other outlet inside my house.. just 1 flashing red light on the charger. Got the service appointment after 16 days.. dang.

Walked to Kennesaw SC and told them the issue and they just replaced my charger as it got faulty.
I have a wall connector, not tried the mobile charger. Going to plug it in today, just to be sure, it's working, don't want a faulty one. Thanks for letting us know.

I have a wall connector, not tried the mobile charger. Going to plug it in today, just to be sure, it's working, don't want a faulty one. Thanks for letting us know.
I’m using a v3 wall connector too. Double checked the connection just to make sure it’s not arcing. I plan on getting a mobile connector too for travel but I also realize that depending on the circuit, it looks like the mobile connectors don’t have surge protection and you have no way to tell if the 240v NEMA outlet is installed correctly. Can we use surge protectors for the mobile connector?

I’m using a v3 wall connector too. Double checked the connection just to make sure it’s not arcing. I plan on getting a mobile connector too for travel but I also realize that depending on the circuit, it looks like the mobile connectors don’t have surge protection and you have no way to tell if the 240v NEMA outlet is installed correctly. Can we use surge protectors for the mobile connector?
Not sure you need a Surge Protector, not an expert here, but did not read in any forums, any one using surge protector. You did not get a mobile connector with your car?

Not sure you need a Surge Protector, not an expert here, but did not read in any forums, any one using surge protector. You did not get a mobile connector with your car?
Still awaiting VIN for me. It’s also confirmed I won’t be getting a mobile connector since I was right on the cutoff date. I checked on the surge protection and it doesn’t need surge protection because the car has surge protection built-in. So failures could be either internal electronics or a fault at the NEMA 14-50 outlet.

Still awaiting VIN for me. It’s also confirmed I won’t be getting a mobile connector since I was right on the cutoff date. I checked on the surge protection and it doesn’t need surge protection because the car has surge protection built-in. So failures could be either internal electronics or a fault at the NEMA 14-50 outlet.
All mobile connectors are still out of stock on Tesla's online store. Has anyone you talked to (if you can do such a thing) suggested a solution to mobile charging? I'm just wondering what people are doing now if they're getting their cars without any charging hardware. We picked our MYLR up 2 weeks ago and did have the mobile connector kit included.

All mobile connectors are still out of stock on Tesla's online store. Has anyone you talked to (if you can do such a thing) suggested a solution to mobile charging? I'm just wondering what people are doing now if they're getting their cars without any charging hardware. We picked our MYLR up 2 weeks ago and did have the mobile connector kit included.
I installed the wall connector on a 60 amp circuit already so it’s ready to go. I figured I would only use a mobile charger for trickle charging on 110v as a stopgap measure in case I needed a little more power wherever I went. Other than that, I plan on using superchargers for travel and possibly the CCS adaptor on EA if I need a separate network.

I installed the wall connector on a 60 amp circuit already so it’s ready to go. I figured I would only use a mobile charger for trickle charging on 110v as a stopgap measure in case I needed a little more power wherever I went. Other than that, I plan on using superchargers for travel and possibly the CCS adaptor on EA if I need a separate network.
I think a good purchase is a J1772 adapter. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used the CHADEMO adapter (CCS isn't available yet), but I have frequently used the J1772, at hotels and businesses.

Reactions: Whtrbt7
I think a good purchase is a J1772 adapter. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used the CHADEMO adapter (CCS isn't available yet), but I have frequently used the J1772, at hotels and businesses.
I wonder if the CCS adaptor would work with j1772. If not then I would probably pick up a j1772 adaptor with lock since that seems to be a pretty standard connector. It’s too bad I don’t use FB otherwise that group would probably be fun.

You might join FB group Tesla Owners Club Atlanta. Friendly group, no drama, and probably a lot more long time readers/partipitants than this thread. They answer questions just like this. I suspect this thread is visited by mostly folks who dont have their car yet; the FB group is a lot of existing owners with experiences such as your question.
Thank you for your suggestion.. I don’t have Facebook account.. hmm.. is anyone in the Suwanee/Cumming Area who recently done PPF AND tint ??

Thank you for your suggestion.. I don’t have Facebook account.. hmm.. is anyone in the Suwanee/Cumming Area who recently done PPF AND tint ??
I plan on doing tint when mine comes in. I normally get tint at a place in Duluth called
SOLAR TINT SERVICE
(678) 469-1859

They have good prices and normally do a good job. I’m not doing PPF or Vinyl wrap since the price is high right now and new paint would be about the same.

Reactions: telsaatl
My baby decided to come early and was born 1 week before MY delivery.. so I am busy with diapers now days and car is mostly parked inside the garage.. just have 400 miles on it. Not a single bath for my car so far ;). So yes, I am in rush and no rush. ;)

Reactions: falcon01
@IDKWhatIamDoin @LMonger @gsugators @tophermd @atlchamp Did you get the ppf and ceramic coating done?

Got a quote from Doctor Detailing Protective films and coating: $1600 for full front PPF and $1100 for ceramic coating.
Also waiting for a friend to share the contact of a person who charged $500 and did the ceramic coating in his garage.

Still not sure if I can do the ppf by myself.
Atlanta ceramic and ppf. $1400 for full frontal PPF. Highly recommend them

Reactions: Deliboy
@IDKWhatIamDoin @LMonger @gsugators @tophermd @atlchamp Did you get the ppf and ceramic coating done?

Got a quote from Doctor Detailing Protective films and coating: $1600 for full front PPF and $1100 for ceramic coating.
Also waiting for a friend to share the contact of a person who charged $500 and did the ceramic coating in his garage.

Still not sure if I can do the ppf by myself.
Yes, I got both done and it was a couple hundred bucks more than what you were quoted (from a different shop). FWIW, they did an excellent job.