TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

German dude orders 11 Roadsters

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Sep 17, 2008.

1. GSP

GSP Member

HHF is not just another rich German, he is a world famous F1 racer. His purchase should increase Tesla's street cred with the masses of gasoline powered car enthusiasts.

Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Humm, "gasoline powered car" - it's already has a kinda of antique sound)

GSP

2. Joseph

Joseph Member

Eleven is my favorite number.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#4 TEG, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

1:55...

4. chimpanzee

chimpanzee Member

HHF is not "world famous F1 driver", but a notable one. The German F1 driver who is famous..is Michael Schumacher. His wins surpassed that of the great Ayrton Senna. He started out in a Ford powered Benetton, then moved to Ferrari.

If M. Schumacher can get on the EV bandwagon with a Tesla purchase..then you have something. Currently, he is dabbling in motorcycle racing (& doing well). I saw something on TV, about a hydrogen powered open-wheel race car (their series precedes Formula 1 races?). Definitely, get an EV racing series going, that will definitely give Tesla a testbed for EV Technology. The racers are manic/crazy about developing cars.

The offroad development-partner for Xtrac (owner is from Netherlands, driver is German rally champion) recently got a 1st in a 300 mile offroad race (1st & 3rd for 1st two Baja races). They successfully developed an Xtrac gearbox (after breakage last year), when paired with an experienced German Rally champion driver, is looking to take home the season points championship at the upcoming Baja 1000.

This is what Tesla needs, development partners in Auto Racing to help them with Durability/Reliability issues. The Interdisciplinary Collaborative/Cooperative R&D Inst for Alternative Energy (e.g., Tesla Motors), I've been harping about, has the above as a "Proof of Concept" to get a working Xtrac 2-speed for the Roadster. The "cross over" effect of Interdisciplinary Science (Offroad to Pavement) is a cool concept.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I heard the SM Tesla store sold 8 cars in one day a few weeks ago.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Agreed. Though it would even be better if those 8 were delivered to my house.

Free rides for all TMC members!

7. Joseph

Joseph Member