Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

German shock at car exhaust tests on humans and monkeys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read this article about some German research organisation EUGT with complete incredulity, more 19th Century than 21st Century.

German shock at exhaust tests on humans

and recall also this potentially alarming research

Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain | Lancaster University
excerpt:
“The particles we found are strikingly similar to the magnetite nanospheres that are abundant in the airborne pollution found in urban settings, especially next to busy roads, and which are formed by combustion or frictional heating from vehicle engines or brakes.”

The only response I can think or is get a move on Elon and force ICE into oblivion as soon as you can - which of course is exactly what he is doing.

More interestingly perhaps is that with research evidence of the toxicity of pollution now becoming increasingly available - how long till the ICE class action lawsuits start?

Class action law suit against gasoline powered cars?

What the ****? Who exactly will be getting sued?
Dumbest thing I’ve read on here since that one dude talked about suing the oil companies because they were producing products that caused climate change.

Thank you for the colorful critique sir ;)

I am suggesting that the ICE manufacturers could potentially be in line for action as they knowingly continue to sell product that is increasingly scientifically associated with human health issues. There are precedents for this, the tobacco industry probably the first one that comes to mind, also effectively the US effectively claimed $20bn+ for falsifying emissions from VAG - so a class action with a class size of all. Okay a good chunk of that was for malpractice but underlying it was concern over understated emissions resulting in worse than expected air quality especially in urban areas and resultant health

One of the facets of the Lancaster University research was that they also found particles of rare metals in human brain tissue that had a potential correlation with Catalytic converters, suggesting even the devices being used to mitigate emissions are themselves a potential source of other contaminants.

I read this article about some German research organisation EUGT with complete incredulity, more 19th Century than 21st Century.

German shock at exhaust tests on humans

and recall also this potentially alarming research

Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain | Lancaster University
excerpt:
“The particles we found are strikingly similar to the magnetite nanospheres that are abundant in the airborne pollution found in urban settings, especially next to busy roads, and which are formed by combustion or frictional heating from vehicle engines or brakes.”

The only response I can think or is get a move on Elon and force ICE into oblivion as soon as you can - which of course is exactly what he is doing.

More interestingly perhaps is that with research evidence of the toxicity of pollution now becoming increasingly available - how long till the ICE class action lawsuits start?
The new Netflix series, "Dirty Money" has an episode on the VW diesel scandal and there's a segment on the testing with monkeys mentioned here.

Thank you for the colorful critique sir ;)

I am suggesting that the ICE manufacturers could potentially be in line for action as they knowingly continue to sell product that is increasingly scientifically associated with human health issues. There are precedents for this, the tobacco industry probably the first one that comes to mind, also effectively the US effectively claimed $20bn+ for falsifying emissions from VAG - so a class action with a class size of all. Okay a good chunk of that was for malpractice but underlying it was concern over understated emissions resulting in worse than expected air quality especially in urban areas and resultant health

One of the facets of the Lancaster University research was that they also found particles of rare metals in human brain tissue that had a potential correlation with Catalytic converters, suggesting even the devices being used to mitigate emissions are themselves a potential source of other contaminants.
Basically ICE manufacturers can just put a warning saying our cars cause emissions. Done.

I hate frivolous lawsuits.

I’m hoping the free market electrifies our transportation system.

Class action law suit against gasoline powered cars?

What the ****? Who exactly will be getting sued?
Dumbest thing I’ve read on here since that one dude talked about suing the oil companies because they were producing products that caused climate change.

By one dude do you mean the State of California?
California sues carmakers over global warming

Reactions: gene and EinSV
By one dude do you mean the State of California?
California sues carmakers over global warming
Hahaha wow! The stupidity of California politicians never ceases to amaze me.

We’re gonna sue the company for making these cars, we’re not the ones responsible for buying them and driving them. It’s the automakers! They are forcing us to drive these cars!!!

Just noticed the article is from 06.

I presented this idea yesterday deep within the bowels of the "Investor" forums; many of you wisely steer far clear of that morass, so here it is, somewhat condensed, where it might get more visibility.

Someone clever in blog-videos ought to tape an experiment wherein a Tesla is placed on dyno test rollers in a small, closed garage, and have it run at 60mph/100kph for an hour with some accompanying monkeys, rabbits and canaries...plus, definitely, some puppies and kittens and other charismatic fuzzywuzzies,
while from the adjacent glassed-in observation room, the white-coated technicians with their clipboards frustratingly watch...nothing happen.

A duplicate experiment in the "next garage over" so to speak, should be that of an ICE....the only lab rat that we could have in there, though, would be a Terminator-like robot who futilely tries to escape, only eventually to collapse from COx and NOx over-exposure. Could have those glowing red eyes slowly extinguish...

How to determine who owns the rights to the Terminator robot?

The side-by-side videos ought not to state the obvious - just let the viewer connect the dots.

I presented this idea yesterday deep within the bowels of the "Investor" forums; many of you wisely steer far clear of that morass, so here it is, somewhat condensed, where it might get more visibility.

Someone clever in blog-videos ought to tape an experiment wherein a Tesla is placed on dyno test rollers in a small, closed garage, and have it run at 60mph/100kph for an hour with some accompanying monkeys, rabbits and canaries...plus, definitely, some puppies and kittens and other charismatic fuzzywuzzies,
while from the adjacent glassed-in observation room, the white-coated technicians with their clipboards frustratingly watch...nothing happen.

A duplicate experiment in the "next garage over" so to speak, should be that of an ICE....the only lab rat that we could have in there, though, would be a Terminator-like robot who futilely tries to escape, only eventually to collapse from COx and NOx over-exposure. Could have those glowing red eyes slowly extinguish...

How to determine who owns the rights to the Terminator robot?

The side-by-side videos ought not to state the obvious - just let the viewer connect the dots.
Don't forget to put all those fuzzywuzzies next to the smoke stacks for the power plant that the Tesla plugged into :rolleyes: