Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog German Tesla Owner's Model S Hits 1 Million km

May 19, 2017
Hansjörg Gemmingen, a Tesla owner in Germany, has put more than 1 million km (621,000 miles) on his Tesla Model S. Gemmingen puts as much as 600 km a day on his 2013 Model S P85. The car has held up well with the exception of the battery pack and drive unit. The battery has...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/11/30/german-tesla-owners-model-s-hits-1-million-km/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Reactions: StefanSarzio

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2020 3 P19"
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I would say the miles only count since the last motor or battery replacement. As such, I think this article should be about the 500K km Tesla.

Hopefully Tesla has addressed earlier issues with the motors and batteries. Many skeptics still think these cars will require battery replacements every 100K miles. We need engineering and evidence that demonstrates otherwise before the average Joe will really get behind electric cars.

rsg123

Jan 1, 2018
Sacramento
I would say the miles only count since the last motor or battery replacement. As such, I think this article should be about the 500K km Tesla.

Hopefully Tesla has addressed earlier issues with the motors and batteries. Many skeptics still think these cars will require battery replacements every 100K miles. We need engineering and evidence that demonstrates otherwise before the average Joe will really get behind electric cars.

His current motor has lasted 600k km. I would say they have figured it out, at least for this guy.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
600 km a day? Ho Lee Schit!

I’ve been to Germany. Essentially he drives half the country every day? Amazing.

And to emphasize that is every day, 7 days a week. If he takes a day off then he has to do 1200 the next day. I enjoy driving, I enjoy driving the model S even more, and I have done 700 in a day many times, but every single day is just nuts. As comfortable as I find my seats in this car are I can't help to think about the medical side effects of sitting in it 7+ hours every day.

Not sure of the details, but unless he is on the Autobahn doing most of this distance in a short period of time, if he were a commercial driver in this province I am pretty sure it would be illegal:

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 8.36.22 PM.png

Reactions: tranzndance

Goodtohave

Mar 16, 2019
Canada
As a huge Tesla fan and owner that is not much of a testament to longevity...

3 drive units and 2 batteries ? How has it been off warranty is the big question. If it was early teething pains then OK I suppose.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC