Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog German Tesla Owner’s Model S Hits 1 Million km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hansjörg Gemmingen, a Tesla owner in Germany, has put more than 1 million km (621,000 miles) on his Tesla Model S.

Gemmingen puts as much as 600 km a day on his 2013 Model S P85. The car has held up well with the exception of the battery pack and drive unit. The battery has been replaced twice and the drive units three times. 

His current battery has half a million kilometers, while the most recent drive unit has been in service for more than 680,000 km. Most issues with the Model S were covered under the warranty.

Gemmingen doesn’t plan to retire the Model S any time soon. He wants to see the car roll over a million miles. Check out an interview with Gemmingen above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: StefanSarzio
I would say the miles only count since the last motor or battery replacement. As such, I think this article should be about the 500K km Tesla.

Hopefully Tesla has addressed earlier issues with the motors and batteries. Many skeptics still think these cars will require battery replacements every 100K miles. We need engineering and evidence that demonstrates otherwise before the average Joe will really get behind electric cars.

I would say the miles only count since the last motor or battery replacement. As such, I think this article should be about the 500K km Tesla.

Hopefully Tesla has addressed earlier issues with the motors and batteries. Many skeptics still think these cars will require battery replacements every 100K miles. We need engineering and evidence that demonstrates otherwise before the average Joe will really get behind electric cars.

His current motor has lasted 600k km. I would say they have figured it out, at least for this guy.

600 km a day? Ho Lee Schit!

I’ve been to Germany. Essentially he drives half the country every day? Amazing.

And to emphasize that is every day, 7 days a week. If he takes a day off then he has to do 1200 the next day. I enjoy driving, I enjoy driving the model S even more, and I have done 700 in a day many times, but every single day is just nuts. As comfortable as I find my seats in this car are I can't help to think about the medical side effects of sitting in it 7+ hours every day.

Not sure of the details, but unless he is on the Autobahn doing most of this distance in a short period of time, if he were a commercial driver in this province I am pretty sure it would be illegal:

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 8.36.22 PM.png

Reactions: tranzndance