TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[Germany] New half-assed €4000 (max €1.2b) rebate program for electric cars - does M3 qualify?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Laserbrain, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Laserbrain

Laserbrain Member

Our incompetent government just decided to start a rebate program for electric cars in Germany.

It will be a €4000 rebate for a fully electric car and a €3000 rebate for a hybrid. Cars with a base price above €60k are excluded. The program runs until €1.2 billions are spent or until 2019. So far so good.

The weird thing is the manufacturer has to pay half of the rebate. WTH. So I guess the manufacturers will make their cars more expensive before you get the rebate... our politicians are such a pathetic visionless bunch of industry marionettes.

Will Tesla take part in this rebate program with the Model 3?

2. MihaiD

MihaiD New Member

As long as they start shipping in Germany before that money runs out (fingers crossed), I'm almost convinced they will take part.