TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Germany - Poland - Lithuania - Latvia - Estonia

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by Volker.Berlin, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Volker.Berlin

Volker.Berlin Member

Germany - Poland - Lithuania - Latvia - Estonia, has anyone done this trip with Model S? Any Model S owners willing to share their plugs along that route?

I've done the trip a few times but a) it's been a few years ago and b) only with ICE cars.

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

ask TRON?

3. hileyms

hileyms Member

Mario Kadastik is in Estonia. We will know about Estonia and might know about some of the other Baltic countries - I think there is a very good public network in Estonia.

4. Volker.Berlin

Volker.Berlin Member

Estonia seems to be a safe haven, if not heaven, for EVs. The challenge is to make it there... 2000 km give or take. In any event, I could take a ferry straight across the Baltic sea, but I certainly prefer to drive. If only to remember the good ol' days.

5. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Happened to find this in google, long time overdue thread, but I can at least report partial success in this. I was on a road trip of 1500km going Tallinn-Riga-Dobele (overnight stay) - Silute - Pagegiai (overnight stay) - Silute - Dobele (overnight stay) - Riga - Tallinn.

The legs of the trip were Tallinn - Dobele (~395km) and Dobele - Pagege (~350km). I can report that Hotel Dobele and Hotel Pagege both have working charging available so if anyone wants to take the route those two places at least I can vouch had working red plugs (Pagege has a 3x32A but they had a conversion cable too, Dobele 3x16A).

From what I know Latvia has done an RFP for nation wide charging network and the result of it should be known in a month or so and the network should be built this year still. That should make charging in Latvia at least possible quite easily. In Lithuani I don't know details. I was told by the hotel owner in Pagege that there are two charging points in Vilnius and one in Klaipeda. I haven't tried either though.

6. Tomas666

Tomas666 New Member

For Lithuania charging stations you can check: http://elektrodegalines.lt/zemelapis.html
    You will find 8 stations. Not too much, but is better than nothing. Finally we also have first Model S in Lithuania.