TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Germany - Poland - Lithuania - Latvia - Estonia

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by Volker.Berlin, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Volker.Berlin

Volker.Berlin Member

Germany - Poland - Lithuania - Latvia - Estonia, has anyone done this trip with Model S? Any Model S owners willing to share their plugs along that route?

I've done the trip a few times but a) it's been a few years ago and b) only with ICE cars.

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

ask TRON?

3. hileyms

hileyms Member

Mario Kadastik is in Estonia. We will know about Estonia and might know about some of the other Baltic countries - I think there is a very good public network in Estonia.

4. Volker.Berlin

Volker.Berlin Member

Estonia seems to be a safe haven, if not heaven, for EVs. The challenge is to make it there... 2000 km give or take. In any event, I could take a ferry straight across the Baltic sea, but I certainly prefer to drive. If only to remember the good ol' days.

5. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Happened to find this in google, long time overdue thread, but I can at least report partial success in this. I was on a road trip of 1500km going Tallinn-Riga-Dobele (overnight stay) - Silute - Pagegiai (overnight stay) - Silute - Dobele (overnight stay) - Riga - Tallinn.

The legs of the trip were Tallinn - Dobele (~395km) and Dobele - Pagege (~350km). I can report that Hotel Dobele and Hotel Pagege both have working charging available so if anyone wants to take the route those two places at least I can vouch had working red plugs (Pagege has a 3x32A but they had a conversion cable too, Dobele 3x16A).

From what I know Latvia has done an RFP for nation wide charging network and the result of it should be known in a month or so and the network should be built this year still. That should make charging in Latvia at least possible quite easily. In Lithuani I don't know details. I was told by the hotel owner in Pagege that there are two charging points in Vilnius and one in Klaipeda. I haven't tried either though.

6. Tomas666

Tomas666 New Member

For Lithuania charging stations you can check: http://elektrodegalines.lt/zemelapis.html
    You will find 8 stations. Not too much, but is better than nothing. Finally we also have first Model S in Lithuania.

7. entr0cks

entr0cks New Member

8. MrBravo

MrBravo Member

I have gone from Belgium to Latvia and back 2 times already. But I never did it by road through Poland. I always went through Sweden and then took a ferry. The best ferry route to take in my experience is Karlshamn-Klaipeda, because it is the shortest.

I had some good people from Sweden and Lithuania on this forum that helped with usage suggestions on Chadeomo stations (in Klaipeda and Karlshamn).

The map for Latvian charging stations is here: Elektrouzlādes stacijas