Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Get a Close Up Look at Interior and Exterior Features for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]TMC Member Joseph Torbati has released two new videos to show off “hidden features” of the Model 3.

Yesterday Torbati gave us first impressions of a Model 3 brought in for a vinyl wrap at his Fremont, Calif. detailing shop. The new videos offer a bit more detail about both the interior and exterior features of the car.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4KsgihLxoU” video_title=”1″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2VRtAFqb4U” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually laughed when he revealed that the software either doesn't work at all or that it doesn't work in the way people were hoping after expressing concerns over all controls being done through one central screen. "But you can just use the buttons to select and control things!" Nope.
Completely agree. I still want the Model 3 to be awesome, but it just seems like it will be quite a bit less awesome than I imagined when I made a day 1 early morning reservation.

Completely agree. I still want the Model 3 to be awesome, but it just seems like it will be quite a bit less awesome than I imagined when I made a day 1 early morning reservation.
Same feeling over here. Kinda disappointed so far, but I guess Tesla is still beta testing their cars if they're being shipped incomplete, so who knows what's to come.

Maybe after a few years when Tesla has fixed all the stuff with the Model 3 that people have problems with and are actually making respectable cars, I'll have saved up enough for a Model S.

Reactions: Eclectic
0DF97CDB-7838-4013-9807-ABBC99ACC798.jpeg

Anyone know what this highlighted portion is in the trunk? Looks like a screen that would allow the HVAC system to cool the trunk?..

I have seen these videos and very useful they are to a reservation holder like me. But having seen how many systems are not working yet, or working fully, I am kind of relieved I will not be getting my car till 2019 (at earliest), as the issues will have been worked out by then. I worry for those non-employees getting their cars later this year.

Another thought, I wonder what hassle Joe, and more likely his customers who own these cars, are getting from Tesla over these revelations, particularly the non-functioning systems.

The model 3s made in july have already had their seats and battery replaced, headlights and taillights for the ones made in august and a number of other components up to half a dozen of changes in components as the 'manufactoring process is tuned'.