TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Get amped in T. O.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jaff, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I just got the "get amped" invite email for Toronto (Aug 3-5) ...event to be held at The Hershey Center in Mississauga...booked a time between 11:00 to 12:00...anyone else booked yet?

2. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

3. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

:redface: Sorry all, didn't see there was already a sticky for the Toronto event!

4. Duckjybe

Duckjybe S P232

Yeah, I am booked for 11am on the Friday. Jaff is that your day? Have the cars been homologated for Canada yet? Will we be driving on the roads or just the parking lot?

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I expect they will be US homologated cars with California license plates. Perfectly legal to operate them in Canada, as thousands of people drive their cars across the border every day.

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

#6 Jaff, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    Hi DJ,

Yes, we're booked in between 11-12:00 for Friday, Aug 3...I'm fairly certain that TMC has designed a short course on public roads for the test drives...the rides are limited to around 7-10 minutes...I'm sure we'll meet up then.

7. Alex_C

Alex_C Member

Booked Saturday 11h00 AM to 12h00 PM. Can't wait! Wife is coming as well so hopefully she will love the car as much as I already do !!

8. Mogwai

Mogwai Member

#8 Mogwai, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    I'm curious. There's some discussion regarding the pricing that it will be increased because Transport Canada will require certain mods to be done to the Model S to make it legal in Canada. But if there's already been a Get Amped in Toronto with Teslas you can drive on city streets, wouldn't those have to abide by Transport Canadas regulations? Does anyone know if the Teslas features at GA T.O. will be the same as in Cali?

9. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

Booked Friday at 12pm. Jaff and Duckjybe - see you there.

10. CurrieG

CurrieG Member

Booked for Friday at 3:00 pm... Can hardly wait! Wife and son coming too.

Currie (CDN S146)

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

No. If you live in California and drive your car into Canada, on a temporary basis as a visitor, then you don't have to do anything. Just like when you drive your personal car to Buffalo for some weekend shopping. I expect the car you drive in Toronto will have California plates on it.