Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Austin, TX August 15 – 16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited they are coming to Austin! Who's going to be there? I'll be there with my wife, 8 year old daughter and maybe a lucky co-worker.

Very interested in the planned route as well.

Well that was quick. I just got my email and signed up for a test drive on Wednesday from 10-11am.

The best part is that it is being held at the Westin in the Domain which is within walking distance from where I work (IBM)!

So excited.

I'm coming up from San Antonio with my wife, 11 year-old daughter, and 10 year-old son. My wife wants to bring our 30 lb cattle dog (her third child and family favorite) - I told her if 7 year-old children cant't make it, 4 year-old dogs have no shot. We're Wednesday 2-3. Also can't wait, and glad it saved a little $ over flying somewhere, though I was amped enough to do it.

I'm coming up from San Antonio with my wife, 11 year-old daughter, and 10 year-old son. My wife wants to bring our 30 lb cattle dog (her third child and family favorite) - I told her if 7 year-old children cant't make it, 4 year-old dogs have no shot. We're Wednesday 2-3. Also can't wait, and glad it saved a little $ over flying somewhere, though I was amped enough to do it.
Both kids and dogs were considerately cared for and amused while drivers were out on the test route at Fremont. Bring the lot!
:biggrin:

I highly doubt for this to be the case, but if anyone is going to this alone and doesn't have a back seater, I would love to tag along with you as a prospective reservationist (reserving next month). So excited it came to Texas.

I bet if you just show up and wave a placard saying, "Future reservationist needs passenger ride!", you'd have lotsa offers.

I am very excited they are coming to Austin :). I live in New Braunfels and have been following Tesla since 2008. Unfortunately the Model S is way out of my price range but I am hoping to purchase blue-star when it comes out (generation III). As a non reservation holder is it possible to still show up and check out the beautiful cars? I have seen a roadster at an event in Aspen , CO and have seen two of them in driveways in San Antonio but would love to see the Model S in action. I may take Brian's advice and wave a huge sign saying please let me ride in your backseat :).

I am very excited they are coming to Austin :). I live in New Braunfels and have been following Tesla since 2008. Unfortunately the Model S is way out of my price range but I am hoping to purchase blue-star when it comes out (generation III). As a non reservation holder is it possible to still show up and check out the beautiful cars? I have seen a roadster at an event in Aspen , CO and have seen two of them in driveways in San Antonio but would love to see the Model S in action. I may take Brian's advice and wave a huge sign saying please let me ride in your backseat :).

The test drive starting point is in a very public area in the Domain shopping center (at the Westin hotel). I am sure you could stop by and see plenty of Model S's driving around all day long.

Awesome thanks for the info! I will be there for
sure. Is the route known? I would love to set up somewhere where i could get a good look at the insane acceleration :)

No, but I am sure it will start by getting onto the MoPac access road going north out of the Domain and then onto MoPac north (MoPac is also know as Loop-1 and is a freeway). I assume there will be lost of 0-80's on that section ...

I happen to live only a couple miles from the Domain and thought I'd pass by the Westin to see if any of the cars were making an early appearance.... Snapped a couple of pics for those that can't wait till tomorrow...

IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG

If the Austin event is anything like what went on in Houston, the brown car will be static (ie. not driven) and used for people to sit in and check out all the features while they wait to test drive the others.

I did not see the blue, white, or silver cars parked anywhere near the hotel. I suspect those were elsewhere plugged into 220v getting ready for this morning.

Was that just a 110v outlet it was plugged in to? Hopefully they have more juice lined up for the weekend.

Agree on the brown. MikeK are you throwing a third choice into the mix?

Last edited:
I just retuned from the Austin Event. Here are my photos:

Model S Test Drive - a set on Flickr

Also they had open driving slots and a few buddies from work (non reservation holders) got to take test drives as well!

Also the White car was the static car today while the Blue, Brown and Silver were on the course. A bunch of staff were still talking about getting to drive from Houston to Austin :)

Amazing Car.

Edited: Photo on Flicker not Facebook

Last edited:
I just retuned from the Austin Event. Here are my photos:

Update Your Browser | Facebook

Also they had open driving slots and a few buddies from work (non reservation holders) got to take test drives as well!

Also the White car was the static car today while the Blue, Brown and Silver were on the course. A bunch of staff were still talking about getting to drive from Houston to Austin :)

Amazing Car.

Link didn't work for me, maybe a permissions thing?