TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Get Amped Tour: Chicago, 7/26 - 7/28

Discussion in 'EVents' started by kevincwelch, Jun 30, 2012.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Who will be attending this?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

2. tnawara

tnawara Member

I'll be there on Thursday (7/26).

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I'll be there as well.

4. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

Count me in not sure what day yet.

5. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

If I can get a slot on Saturday, I'll be there, too.

6. William13

William13 Member

I plan an early Saturday drive. I may let a friend have my drive as my sig won't be that long of a wait. What is thirty days more after waiting three plus years. This test drive by my friend could mean another sale for Tesla. He bought a Nissan GTR after driving my brothers GTR. At this point he only knows he would be a passenger as I am unsure about my ability to wait.

7. kevincwelch

Rubbish.

I just realized the dates coincided with a trip I had planned on taking with the family. :mad:

I'll have to bum a ride off someone who has an early production number. Alternately: I wonder how many of these places will allow some sort of test drive later in the summer or fall. Any mention of when Tesla may open test drives to the general public or people like myself who can't make an Amped event?

8. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

I'll be there either Friday (my birthday) or Saturday.

raptorweb, are you in Dakota Electric service territory?

9. Meursault

Meursault Member

I will be there. Looking for an early morning Saturday slot, although I am P6366 so I am not sure when I will get the email. I have received invites to each of the other events, so I take that as a good sign. My three biggest questions are 1. who to bring, 2. drive a performance or standard vehicle (on the fence with this still) and 3. what the test drive route will be. A good position to be in!

10. kevincwelch

Interesting. I am P8995 and I received my email a few days ago.

I thought about those questions you posed. I am not buying a performance version, so I would want to test drive what I actually am in position to buy, and that's the "standard" Model S. I am tempted to test drive the performance version, but if I did, I would probably want to upgrade and risk divorce!

I'd bring my wife and my kids. I have a 5 year old to test the rear-facing seats and my 5m old to see how the car seat fits. Maybe another 6-footer like myself to sit in back and rate the experience.

11. dsm363

You've already received an e-mail for Chicago? I still haven't received it yet.

12. kevincwelch

Oh!

My bad. I received the Seattle notice but was looking at the Chicago dates.

13. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

Tesla has said they are not allowing children under 8-years-old to partake in the Get Amped event. Maybe that will change once the stores have full-time demo cars, but for now, the wee ones have to stay home (much to the disappointment of my wife and 19m/o).

14. kevincwelch

That's too bad; I suppose I understand though since this is the first run of events.

15. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

It's xcel for me but they are very close

16. W8MM

W8MM R1.5 #325 + Mdl S #01380

We absolutely need a Thursday AM slot. With R#44, one would think our chances were pretty good, but who knows?

17. dsm363

#17 dsm363, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    No problem. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the e-mail or something.

I assume the event will be out of the Oakbrook store or do we know for certain yet? We should all meet for lunch or something. I'm planning on getting there Wednesday night (that may change) and going to the event on that Thursday.

18. kevincwelch

I would think Oakbrook.

The downtown service store is on Grand Ave and a short jump to the Kennedy, but given the nature of Chicago roads, the only thing that would get a good test would be the suspension. At least in Oakbrook you can drive around the community and hop on the Freeway there as well. Plus, anyone who comes along an isn't thrilled about the wait and the test drive can go shopping.

19. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

I cannot confirm that it will be at Oakbrook but when I called a few weeks ago to ask about places to stay close by in regards to the test drives they told me hotels close to the Oakbrook store.

20. Brian H

Brian H Banned

The littles can come, but not ride. There are static betas to try the jumpseats on, I believe.