Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Chicago, 7/26 - 7/28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few of us are thinking about meeting for lunch for the Thursday drive event. We had thought about going to Wildfire which is on the opposite side of the mall but still very close. The Doubletree Hotel where the event takes off from also has a grill/bar called Foxes
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Oak Brook Dining

It might be easier to just come by before or after your drive and hang out since you would only have to park once. It should be easy to find everyone since I'm sure we'll all be decked out in Tesla gear. They open at 11:30AM. I don't think we'll need reservations but I'll check.

I am flying in Wednesday for the Thursday, July 26th test drive in the 10-11 time slot. I hope to see some members there! With only two members from SC at present, we are a little short on Tesla love! Cannot wait to get to Chicago and get behind the wheel of the Model S!!!

I am flying in Wednesday for the Thursday, July 26th test drive in the 10-11 time slot. I hope to see some members there! With only two members from SC at present, we are a little short on Tesla love! Cannot wait to get to Chicago and get behind the wheel of the Model S!!!

What time are you getting into Chicago? Eat at Frontera Grill Wednesday night if you can. Awesome place. That's where I'll be.

Eating dinner that night with my wife's client and his wife at a restaurant called "MK". I have never eaten there but my wife says it is great! I hope they are right!??? I hear Frontera Grill is great! Tried to get into The Girl and the Goat and Goosefoot, but both were booked for 4 weeks in advance! Crazy! A personal favorite of mine for dinner is Blackbird. Awesome food! Man I love Chicago!

Eating dinner that night with my wife's client and his wife at a restaurant called "MK". I have never eaten there but my wife says it is great! I hope they are right!??? I hear Frontera Grill is great! Tried to get into The Girl and the Goat and Goosefoot, but both were booked for 4 weeks in advance! Crazy! A personal favorite of mine for dinner is Blackbird. Awesome food! Man I love Chicago!

Have fun.

If anyone wants to meet up at Frontera Grill Wed. July 25th send me a PM. I figured I'd get there early (4:30PM to stand in line for when they open the doors at 5PM). I realize that's really early but if you get there around 6PM or so and have a larger party you can wait hours for a table. I believe everyone in the party has to be there to be seated though.

Note to any and all: check the VIN on any car(s) and report. Pix not needed, but helpful.

At least the last 3 digits!
Apparently, 1xx there is reserved for "marketing" vehicles. So any # outside that range is especially interesting.
________
Poached from FB page:

Portland, OR: Silver, Pearl White (in store), Signature Red and Black (driving)
Denver, CO: Gray, Silver, Blue
New York: Sunset Red, Green, Brown, Pearl White, Silver