Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Dallas, Texas 8/18-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBD. Suggestions?

I know that the Twin Peaks in Plano has J1772 Blink Network charging. (I have 2 Blink Network Cards. Your charge is paid for.) I also know that the Hotel Palomar has J1772 Blink. A place for just snacks and drinks would be Whiskey Cake. (Blink J1772 as well.) BUT, I think that someone else should decide where as I have chosen the past two meets. Bring the roadsters and other EVs if you can make it.

Hello all. I live in New Braunfels which is near Austin and was going to have my Dad drive down to get a first look at the Model S. I am an investor but unfortunately I will have to wait for Gen 3 before I can get a Tesla ...unless TSLA stock goes wild :). I just realized the Austin event is in the middle of the week so I will probably drive up to Dallas with my dad ... ( He lives in Granbury). Neither Of us have an electric car but I have been a huge Tesla enthusiast for about 8 years now and he has become a huge supporter too. Would love to meet up with some TMC members and get him a close look at a roadster too. I have seen one up close at an event put on a couple years ago in Aspen Co ... was funny seeing a roadster on ice covered roads. Very excited to see this wonderful new edition to the Tesla family and would love to get him a ride in a Roadster if anyone would be willing :)

Blake Gallagher

Hi everyone! Like all of you, I am an EV enthusiast and activist. For the past few months, I have been working with the high school where I graduated from to install an EV charging station. It will be completed around the end of this week, and the inauguration will be soon afterward. We want to have as many EV enthusiasts and owners present to celebrate at the inauguration, and show off their EVs. We believe this event represents another step forward in the necessary development of EV infrastructure.

Please let me know if you are interested so I can provide you the details once we know the exact date of inauguration. The school is Greenhill School in Addison, Texas. Thanks!

I'd be willing to give a ride or two in a roadster. I have yet to hear from TM about the location.

From the Dallas Thread:

I would suggest: Dallas Makerspace, Kuby's, La Madeleine, Bj's Brewhouse, Humperdinks, Pokey O's, VaPiano.
All of these are close to downtown and relatively close to where we think that the drives will be. If we use the Dallas Makerspace, I can do a couple of rides on Ladybird Ln as it is relatively free of traffic.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited:
Ok. If it is where ya'll want to meet. I can set up a meeting there. Although, I would like some other input on that as well.

Will the Friday before work for everyone? (Anyone have input on saturday? I also mean Friday Evening.) I'll update TM as to the location of the meet and greet if this is the desired location.

I can also give tours of the Dallas Makerspace and make badges. I think that there might even be some people wanting to meet ya'll. I will see about making some badges for TMC members on the space's laser cutter.

EDIT: The Get Amped Tour will be at the Hotel Palomar.

Last edited: