TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Get Amped Tour: Dallas, Texas 8/18-19

Discussion in 'EVents' started by W.Petefish, Jul 14, 2012.

1. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Guess we'd better get a thread going about the Dallas drives.

Rumor has it that the drives will be in Dallas not Addison.

2. 7racer

7racer Member

I signed up!! I hope I get picked

3. heems

heems Member

I am in for Saturday afternoon. It's at Hotel Palomar. I am guessing a highway section on 75 and some Mockingbird to test the suspension.

4. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

#4 W.Petefish, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    From what I heard, the event is still being decided as to the location. BUT my info might be old.

Edit: Anyone want a TMC meet-up before hand?

5. 7racer

7racer Member

I'll meet up!

6. bobw

bobw Tesla Reader

When & where?

7. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

TBD. Suggestions?

I know that the Twin Peaks in Plano has J1772 Blink Network charging. (I have 2 Blink Network Cards. Your charge is paid for.) I also know that the Hotel Palomar has J1772 Blink. A place for just snacks and drinks would be Whiskey Cake. (Blink J1772 as well.) BUT, I think that someone else should decide where as I have chosen the past two meets. Bring the roadsters and other EVs if you can make it.

8. bobw

bobw Tesla Reader

I have no roadster nor any other EV. It will be some time before I am in the market. I hope to see some EVs. I would like to tag along and see the Model S.

9. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

We could also meet up at the Dallas Makerspace. (easy enough to get to from anywhere.)

7racer, any ideas? Selection? Shall we put it up for vote?

10. 7racer

7racer Member

eh!! sorry. I just found out that I will be out of town for a meeting that weekend!!! BLAHHH!!! Sucks!

Sorry I am out on this one.

11. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

Anyone going to this willing to give a future reservation holder a back seat drive? :)

12. blakegallagher

Hello all. I live in New Braunfels which is near Austin and was going to have my Dad drive down to get a first look at the Model S. I am an investor but unfortunately I will have to wait for Gen 3 before I can get a Tesla ...unless TSLA stock goes wild :). I just realized the Austin event is in the middle of the week so I will probably drive up to Dallas with my dad ... ( He lives in Granbury). Neither Of us have an electric car but I have been a huge Tesla enthusiast for about 8 years now and he has become a huge supporter too. Would love to meet up with some TMC members and get him a close look at a roadster too. I have seen one up close at an event put on a couple years ago in Aspen Co ... was funny seeing a roadster on ice covered roads. Very excited to see this wonderful new edition to the Tesla family and would love to get him a ride in a Roadster if anyone would be willing :)

Blake Gallagher

13. bigreenk350

bigreenk350 Member

Hi everyone! Like all of you, I am an EV enthusiast and activist. For the past few months, I have been working with the high school where I graduated from to install an EV charging station. It will be completed around the end of this week, and the inauguration will be soon afterward. We want to have as many EV enthusiasts and owners present to celebrate at the inauguration, and show off their EVs. We believe this event represents another step forward in the necessary development of EV infrastructure.

Please let me know if you are interested so I can provide you the details once we know the exact date of inauguration. The school is Greenhill School in Addison, Texas. Thanks!

14. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Please post these things in the EVents area or under the Dallas thread.

15. ctmaverick

ctmaverick Member

Have any non reservation holders received emails from Tesla about the upcoming get amped event in Dallas? I sent Tesla a request, but have heard nothing.

16. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

#16 W.Petefish, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    I'd be willing to give a ride or two in a roadster. I have yet to hear from TM about the location.

From the Dallas Thread:

Thoughts/suggestions?

17. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I like Dallas Makerspace.

18. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

#18 W.Petefish, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Ok. If it is where ya'll want to meet. I can set up a meeting there. Although, I would like some other input on that as well.

Will the Friday before work for everyone? (Anyone have input on saturday? I also mean Friday Evening.) I'll update TM as to the location of the meet and greet if this is the desired location.

I can also give tours of the Dallas Makerspace and make badges. I think that there might even be some people wanting to meet ya'll. I will see about making some badges for TMC members on the space's laser cutter.

EDIT: The Get Amped Tour will be at the Hotel Palomar.

19. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Oops, sorry, I thought this was Saturday. Can't make it Friday.

20. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Ok. Will early Saturday work?