TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

'Get Amped Tour' Email Invites

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Silenus136, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Silenus136

Silenus136 Member

#1 Silenus136, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    I am Sig 695 and am eagerly awaiting the chance to test drive in a few weeks. Are we supposed to get an email about scheduling a time? I have gotten the "time to build" email, but have not yet configured or, therefore, signed the contract. I don't believe that has an impact on when I get to test drive, or am I wrong about that? Any info much appreciated.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It's only 9:45 AM on the West Coast... Doubt they meant THAT early in week!

3. Silenus136

Silenus136 Member

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

You are questioning our work ethic out here on the left coast, aren't you?! :)

But, seriously, if I read GeorgeB's blog right, the test drive emails will go out roughly a couple of weeks before the circus is in your town! So, for the June 23rd-24th Fremont factory test drive event, when the email goes out in the next couple of days, it'd most likely be aimed at folks living in and around the SF Bay Area and are early enough in the pipeline - so, SSL, S, R and some early P folks in the Bay Area, I'd imagine.

Silenus136, not sure where you live...

5. swegman

swegman Member

GG. you are correct. I called the DC store to schedule a test drive and was told that the scheduling is being handled by corporate and not the stores, and that emails would be sent to people living near the location where the test drives will be approximately 2 weeks before each event. In other words, people in CA will not get invites for test drives in the DC area on 7/13-15. However, reservation holders in DC, VA. MD and the surrounding areas will get the invites.

6. SigS905

SigS905 Sig S 905 + X 5

According to the Fashion Island store, just now, all reservation holders will be receiving an e-mail about the event at the Tesla factory in Fremont. The e-mails will be sent out by reservation number.. Once you RSVP to one event, they won't send invites for any others in your area. Make sure you can test drive at the event of your choice

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Yes, and George mentioned that their goal was to offer 2000 test rides during the first two weekends. I figure that this means at least 1000 test ride invitations will be offered for the first week at Fremont. In other words, all the Signature reservation holders should get an invitation to Fremont.

Larry

8. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Maybe but, it doesn't make practical sense IMO - many Sig folks would have to fly cross-country for the 8-minute test drive when most of them could have it closer to home a little later (and still before they get their car). This is different from the one-of-a-kind factory beta event last October.

That said, I know some Sig folks are waiting to test drive before locking in their order (if they've already been called upon or will be, soon) so, they may want to make the extra effort of traveling to Fremont. I'm sure Tesla would accommodate any interested Sig res holder at Fremont even if s/he wasn't invited initially.

9. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

I haven't received anything... strange even though I specifically said that if they were offering test drives that I'd like one even if it is in California. (oh well, guess there is always tomorrow. ./sarcasim)

10. strider

strider Active Member

Note that SigS905 said "once you RSVP" you won't get any more invites. So if you're a Sig holder on the right coast and don't want to fly, just ignore the Fremont e-mail and you'll get a local e-mail.

11. strider

strider Active Member

No one has received an invite. It still qualifies as "early" this week.

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

plus today's inside tesla confirms emails have not gone out yet.

13. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

Get on the Test Drive Wait List
    If you're interested in test driving Model S but don't have a reservation yet, sign up for the Test Drive Wait List. We'll contact you when we begin providing test drives to the public.

Thanks!
    You are now on the wait list.

The Get Amped Model S Tour | Tesla Motors

14. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Better keep refreshing that email!
    Pity the low reservation # that's on a plane or something and by the time they respond to the email the slots have been all filled up.

15. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Well I hope they hit Atlanta soon after this list is over. And somewhere in Texas (because they were pretty vocal about being left 600+ miles away also).

16. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I hope you are all filling up the 700 spots quickly. I don't know if I could handle getting an email every week inviting me to test drive a Tesla a long way from home.

I feel for all of you low reservation holders living in the south/midwest.

17. MitchL

MitchL S#945

Is it wrong for me to hope that 245 of you low res# holders can't make it to Fremont? :)

/Mitch.

18. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

Yeah Texas is very conspicuously missing from the tour at this point. I would jump at the chance to test drive here in Texas...

19. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Since there are quite a few reservation holders in Southern California (like myself), I'm sure there will be many lower number people that pass on Fremont and just do it in Los Angeles.

20. CMS595

CMS595 Member

I'm in TX, too, but told the folks at corporate that I'd schedule my test drive on the east coast, since I'll be there on business anyway during one of the test drive events. They told me that they'd place me on the waiting list for the city I'd be visiting.
    The TX motor vehicle dealership laws are antiquated, making test drives here somewhat unlikely for a while because Tesla is a manufacturer, not a dealer.
    Since you're in Austin, wanna lobby for a change in the law? :)