Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Get Amped Tour' Email Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am Sig 695 and am eagerly awaiting the chance to test drive in a few weeks. Are we supposed to get an email about scheduling a time? I have gotten the "time to build" email, but have not yet configured or, therefore, signed the contract. I don't believe that has an impact on when I get to test drive, or am I wrong about that? Any info much appreciated.

Last edited:
I am Sig 695 and am eagerly awaiting the chance to test drive in a few weeks. Are we supposed to get an email about scheduling a time? I have gotten the "time to build" email, but have not yet configured or, therefore, signed the contract. I don't believe that has an impact on when I get to test drive, or am I wrong about that? Any info much appreciated.

We will be sending out our first Sign Up emails for June 23rd and 24th to Reservation Holders early next week. Thereafter, we will send Sign Up emails approximately two to three weeks prior to each tour stop.

It's only 9:45 AM on the West Coast... Doubt they meant THAT early in week!

It's only 9:45 AM on the West Coast... Doubt they meant THAT early in week!

You are questioning our work ethic out here on the left coast, aren't you?! :)

But, seriously, if I read GeorgeB's blog right, the test drive emails will go out roughly a couple of weeks before the circus is in your town! So, for the June 23rd-24th Fremont factory test drive event, when the email goes out in the next couple of days, it'd most likely be aimed at folks living in and around the SF Bay Area and are early enough in the pipeline - so, SSL, S, R and some early P folks in the Bay Area, I'd imagine.

Silenus136, not sure where you live...

GG. you are correct. I called the DC store to schedule a test drive and was told that the scheduling is being handled by corporate and not the stores, and that emails would be sent to people living near the location where the test drives will be approximately 2 weeks before each event. In other words, people in CA will not get invites for test drives in the DC area on 7/13-15. However, reservation holders in DC, VA. MD and the surrounding areas will get the invites.

According to the Fashion Island store, just now, all reservation holders will be receiving an e-mail about the event at the Tesla factory in Fremont. The e-mails will be sent out by reservation number.. Once you RSVP to one event, they won't send invites for any others in your area. Make sure you can test drive at the event of your choice

According to the Fashion Island store, just now, all reservation holders will be receiving an e-mail about the event at the Tesla factory in Fremont. The e-mails will be sent out by reservation number.. Once you RSVP to one event, they won't send invites for any others in your area. Make sure you can test drive at the event of your choice

Yes, and George mentioned that their goal was to offer 2000 test rides during the first two weekends. I figure that this means at least 1000 test ride invitations will be offered for the first week at Fremont. In other words, all the Signature reservation holders should get an invitation to Fremont.

Larry

Yes, and George mentioned that their goal was to offer 2000 test rides during the first two weekends. I figure that this means at least 1000 test ride invitations will be offered for the first week at Fremont. In other words, all the Signature reservation holders should get an invitation to Fremont.

Larry

Maybe but, it doesn't make practical sense IMO - many Sig folks would have to fly cross-country for the 8-minute test drive when most of them could have it closer to home a little later (and still before they get their car). This is different from the one-of-a-kind factory beta event last October.

That said, I know some Sig folks are waiting to test drive before locking in their order (if they've already been called upon or will be, soon) so, they may want to make the extra effort of traveling to Fremont. I'm sure Tesla would accommodate any interested Sig res holder at Fremont even if s/he wasn't invited initially.

I haven't received anything... strange even though I specifically said that if they were offering test drives that I'd like one even if it is in California. (oh well, guess there is always tomorrow. ./sarcasim)

Maybe but, it doesn't make practical sense IMO - many Sig folks would have to fly cross-country for the 8-minute test drive when most of them could have it closer to home a little later (and still before they get their car). This is different from the one-of-a-kind factory beta event last October.
Note that SigS905 said "once you RSVP" you won't get any more invites. So if you're a Sig holder on the right coast and don't want to fly, just ignore the Fremont e-mail and you'll get a local e-mail.

We will begin sending out Fremont invites in sequence order to Reservations Holders this week. Several hours after the first invites go out we will send out additional invites, again in sequence order. This will continue until all 700 Fremont test drive slots are filled.

Better keep refreshing that email!
Pity the low reservation # that's on a plane or something and by the time they respond to the email the slots have been all filled up.

We won't stop there! Once we've completed the first 5,000 test drives, we'll schedule more Get Amped Model S Tour stops and send test drive vehicles to our stores.

Well I hope they hit Atlanta soon after this list is over. And somewhere in Texas (because they were pretty vocal about being left 600+ miles away also).

I hope you are all filling up the 700 spots quickly. I don't know if I could handle getting an email every week inviting me to test drive a Tesla a long way from home.

This will continue until all 700 Fremont test drive slots are filled. Next week we will begin sending out invites for the Los Angeles Get Amped Tour stop. We will send out invites in sequence order again, starting with the lowest number Reservation Holders who have not yet taken a test drive. We will continue to send out more invites until all Los Angeles test drive slots are filled. We will do this same process for each stop on the tour.

I feel for all of you low reservation holders living in the south/midwest.

Yeah Texas is very conspicuously missing from the tour at this point. I would jump at the chance to test drive here in Texas...

I'm in TX, too, but told the folks at corporate that I'd schedule my test drive on the east coast, since I'll be there on business anyway during one of the test drive events. They told me that they'd place me on the waiting list for the city I'd be visiting.
The TX motor vehicle dealership laws are antiquated, making test drives here somewhat unlikely for a while because Tesla is a manufacturer, not a dealer.
Since you're in Austin, wanna lobby for a change in the law? :)