Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Los Angeles, 6/29 - 7/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in the Hawthorn area? We're staying close to LAX Friday and Saturday night.

1st ride/drive: Saturday 9:00
2nd ride along with Sig578: Saturday 10:00

Our favorite place is Houston's, 1550-A Rosecrans Av, Manhattan Beach. Several locations in SoCal, every meal is consistent and always top notch. I would recommend the Hawaiian Ribeye, the ribs, or the Prime Rib. Their daily seafood selections are always good too if you are not carnivorously inclined. No corkage fee, dinner for two runs ~$100 with wine.

If you want a nice ocean view while dining, the Cheesecake Factory (605 N. Harbor Dr.) is a bit further South. They have a 50 page menu, and you would be hard pressed to not have a great meal there. Save room too as they have about 40-50 kinds of cheesecake for dessert. Dinner for two runs ~$75 with wine.

RT

P.S. First post here. No Model S reservation, big time lurker/salivator, enjoying this all vicariously for now, hope to change that at some point :smile:

RubberToe is right. Huston's is awesome! Don't know if that one has a large meeting table. We went to Cheesecake Factory sat outside at a long table before the X reveal EVent.

I'm fascinated that SoCalgreenspeed seems to always end up at CF. The various vehicle clubs VW, Mini, Harley, Ferrari, Scion, whatever, seem to find the price and menu that members are comfortable with.

Crappy pic, but sitting in that Founders car last night I noticed this:

photo.JPG

It says "founder" above the car on the driver information screen (where the speedo is). Was told sigs might get that as well. I'm also likely dumping the lacewood. Unattractive in person IMO

Crappy pic, but sitting in that Founders car last night I noticed this:

It says "founder" above the car on the driver information screen (where the speedo is). Was told sigs might get that as well. I'm also likely dumping the lacewood. Unattractive in person IMO

Does the driver of the car need to be told constantly that s/he is a Founder or a Signature owner?! I thought that'd be the job of the exterior badging (to tell the world!) :tongue:

Yup, I'd have to say "I told you so" on the Lacewood. Looked rather dull in the white non-perf car that I drove.

Does the driver of the car need to be told constantly that s/he is a Founder or a Signature owner?! I thought that'd be the job of the exterior badging (to tell the world!) :tongue:

Yup, I'd have to say "I told you so" on the Lacewood. Looked rather dull in the white non-perf car that I drove.

haha, GG you don't want the sigs to have anything special, and anything they DO get you want too! Haaaaater ;)

You're right though. I'm going to download the pics from the camera later. but I think lacewood is out. CF wasn't horrible, but it might be down to piano black or matte obeche.