Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Los Angeles, 6/29 - 7/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears the route was shorter than the freemont routes. Basically going around a rectangle. They did have police cone off one lane on Jack Northrop Ave to allow for the cars to come to a complete stop before you stomped on the pedal and flew to the 75mph limiter.

Road route.jpg

All I can say is "wow", totally exceeded my expectations. Driving home in an ICE is a total downer after the test drive. I love the zero-lag latency in pedal to g-force kick in the seat. There's no delay in typical cars with revving the engine and no delay in downshifting the transmission, just pure acceleration in the S. The regen feels so natural and not abrupt at all like a typical downshift would be.

I got to drive the Sig Red / Obeche / Creme-white / silver wheels performance edition. I was at 10am and they pulled it off the test drive after I left so I didn't get to take any pictures of the sig red while I was there. It was beautiful.

GALLERY link to photos:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/23870337_QSnQPC

All I can say is "wow", totally exceeded my expectations. Driving home in an ICE is a total downer after the test drive. I love the zero-lag latency in pedal to g-force kick in the seat. There's no delay in typical cars with revving the engine and no delay in downshifting the transmission, just pure acceleration in the S. The regen feels so natural and not abrupt at all like a typical downshift would be.

I got to drive the Sig Red / Obeche / Creme-white / silver wheels performance edition. I was at 10am and they pulled it off the test drive after I left so I didn't get to take any pictures of the sig red while I was there. It was beautiful.

GALLERY link to photos:

Great pictures, thanks for posting them!

GALLERY link to photos:

That blue and brown look awesome in those shots. What was the shot of the little glovebox type thing under the screen? Access panel for diagnostics?

Thanks for the pictures!

Love the dolphin grey with perf wheels, but all the colors look nice (except for the silver with perf wheels, which would look much better with regular turbines IMHO).

The cars are in the same configuration as in the Fremont test drives. It would be nice if at the upcoming tour stops Tesla could swap some wheels between the different colours. That gives us the chance to see all colours with all possible wheels (in pictures, which is better that the design centre) and helps us with our choice of combinations. It's not a big deal to swap some wheels, it takes just 15 minutes.