Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Los Angeles, 6/29 - 7/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Notes above.
That would be a remarkable development if it turns out the Perf models have better range for the same charge. If confirmed, I bet it would result in a boatload of upgraded reservations!!

It could also just be that they wanted more perfs out there. While waiting for our second ride, the line got pretty long since everyone was waiting for a perf and there were 3 standard cars sitting there. I made the comment to the woman manning the "gate", that perhaps they should just have all performance models out.

A few times in the olden days, brakes and engine have failed, required hauling on the handbrake to slow down. Not possible with pure electric controls. Toss an anchor out the pano roof? :eek:

Never needed that myself (nor have I heard of anyone needing that), perhaps the issue isn't an issue in modern cars.

Test drive reviews have come in a lot slower and later than the Fremont event. It must be like being asked to give the 20th or so toast at a large party after everyone has already said everything. Somehow the community of test drivers keep digging deeper revealing new nuances and subtlety to the overall picture. Thanks from us arm chair drivers not so patiently waiting our turns.

Test drive reviews have come in a lot slower and later than the Fremont event. It must be like being asked to give the 20th or so toast at a large party after everyone has already said everything.
Yea, I was thinking of bringing my camera to the Portland, OR Amped tour and store opening, but I doubt I'd capture anything that hasn't been captured a dozen times already.

Yea, I was thinking of bringing my camera to the Portland, OR Amped tour and store opening, but I doubt I'd capture anything that hasn't been captured a dozen times already.

ckessel, if I may, can I request you to get some snaps of the Obeche wood decor if you get access? Not sure which car it is in though and if that's coming to Portland... I'm now leaning towards Obeche Matte instead of Piano Black given all the talk about the latter being a fingerprint magnet.

A few times in the olden days, brakes and engine have failed, required hauling on the handbrake to slow down. Not possible with pure electric controls. Toss an anchor out the pano roof? :eek:

It is possible with pure electric controls. If you pull the E-brake lever in an LR3 at 60 mph, you will smoothly slow to a stop. We actually did this on a test drive 5 years ago. Same goes for the Jag XF.

I'm now leaning towards Obeche Matte instead of Piano Black given all the talk about the latter being a fingerprint magnet.

I don't understand the fuzz about finger prints. Sure, in a showroom, people want to feel the trim material and will touch it--but in normal use, why would you touch the trim and leave fingerprints? It's a decorative element, for looks, not a functional piece to grab or hold on to or something.

I don't understand the fuzz about finger prints. Sure, in a showroom, people want to feel the trim material and will touch it--but in normal use, why would you touch the trim and leave fingerprints? It's a decorative element, for looks, not a functional piece to grab or hold on to or something.

I'm guessing you don't have children :) ? My 2 10yr old rat bags would like nothing else than to wipe their grubby fingers over anything that's shiny :) And probably with Cheeto orange dust.

Having to download Final Cut again and edit photos. Will post (edit with) a link to my Facebook page gallery as to the photos and video of the drive. Was fun riding with Marcus (AnOutsider) during his drive. I will say that while going fast around that first turn, I felt the traction control kick in.

Last edited: