Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Miami, FL (Dania Beach), 7/27 - 7/29

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of sucks, I am 10 minutes from the Dania beach store this weekend for work, but since I took my test drive at the LA event, I did not get an invite to the Florida event as well (not really complaining, because test driving at the LA event was awesome, but for someone who is normally so far away from Tesla events, it is kind of rough to be so close to one and not be attending)

I'd go over anyway.....you can almost certainly hitch a Model S ride with someone who doesn't have guests with them and the local Owners Group has a lunchtime meet-up if you feel like talking Tesla with other forum members.

We had our drive at 10 this morning. Not being a local, I really can't describe the route, but it didn't involve any freeway time. It was mostly through fairly industrial areas, with a couple of straights and a lot of turns. there was a u-turn at the mid-point apparently in a parking lot where plane spotters hang out. I was following the brown Mod S for about half the drive (I was in the non-perf red), so didn't get a lot of chances to open it up, and most of the drive was on (in theory) 30 mph roads.

Having said all of that, I still loved the car, it drove great. It seemed as if the drive was less than 10 mins, but I've no idea really. The Tesla employees were certainly doing their best to stay on schedule.

We had our drive at 10 this morning. Not being a local, I really can't describe the route, but it didn't involve any freeway time. It was mostly through fairly industrial areas, with a couple of straights and a lot of turns. there was a u-turn at the mid-point apparently in a parking lot where plane spotters hang out. I was following the brown Mod S for about half the drive (I was in the non-perf red), so didn't get a lot of chances to open it up, and most of the drive was on (in theory) 30 mph roads.

Having said all of that, I still loved the car, it drove great. It seemed as if the drive was less than 10 mins, but I've no idea really. The Tesla employees were certainly doing their best to stay on schedule.

Thanks for the summary. Highway driving would be useless -- I-95 (the nearby freeway) is generally too crowded to do any "fun" driving, and the roads around the store are generally not crowded at all, and should be even less so on the weekend. Looking forward to my drive tomorrow!

I'm surprised you didn't switch to one of the local Texas events once they were announced! Are you going to go to one of them anyway and mooch a backseat ride? :wink:
We'd already booked flights, dog sitters, kid sitters etc etc so it was just easier to stick with the Miami plans. Depending what colors make it to Dallas we might swing by to take a look!

Anyone going to the Florida event, can you post pictures of the green car and photos of the silver car interior (grey leather). The grey leather interior hasn't been posted much and would help a lot of people (myself included) get an idea of the color combo. Thanks.

Sent Using AllThumbs2

We had our drive yesterday at 10am (well, actually it started at 9:45am). I have watched every single test drive video I could find, and read all of the reviews, so I wasn't expecting to learn much---and I didn't. I just wanted to feel and hear the acceleration---and I did! The lack of sound coupled with the instantaneous torque is very surreal and hard to describe. I think the best description is one I read on this forum a while ago, where it was compared with a roller coaster. I would say it is very much like an amusement park ride where you are on rails and it suddenly (and silently) starts carrying you at high speed.

I guess one thing I did learn was that the regen is much more intuitive than I expected it to be. I had no problem with it at all. I also asked the co-pilot to switch the regen into "ICE mode", and it really felt like an ICE vehicle at that point. I sort of expected there to be *some* regen, but there was none. I don't think I'll ever use that, but it was interesting to feel it. I also honked the horn, because none of the videos I've seen had done that, and a friend of mine wanted to hear what it sounded like. It sounded "normal".

What hasn't been mentioned about the Miami test drive is that we actually had two route options: one with highway, and one without highway. Since I wanted to open it up, I chose highway. This was a mistake, but not because of the traffic or anything like that. The first half of the drive was the same whether you took the highway route or not, and there were definitely opportunities to open it up even before getting to the highway. The real problem with the highway route is that it is way too short. Our test drive was only 8 minutes :-( . Now I understand they are telling people about the difference in test drive time, and most people are only choosing the non-highway one.

After the ride, I finalized my options: Dolphin Gray, Black, Piano Black, 19", Suspension, Tech, Sound, Twin, High Power Wall. Waiting for the MVPA.

Unfortunately, today's ride cost me about $11,000.00.

Much as described above.... I was dying to feel that ride. It was fantastic. Performance is wild. The total lack of engine noise, gear shifts ... wow.

I took the long route and definitely got a good feel for the car. Worst part. Like most, I forgot to do the mundane things ... roll the windows down, try cruise control, honk that horn. But those are ancillary to the experience of flooring it at 40mph and feel that "pushing" hit of torque.

Note to all: If you were on the fence about perf or non perf, DO NOT DRIVE THE PERFORMANCE MODEL, it will cost you another 11k cuz you will change your mind on the spot. :love:

Unfortunately, today's ride cost me about $11,000.00.

Much as described above.... I was dying to feel that ride. It was fantastic. Performance is wild. The total lack of engine noise, gear shifts ... wow.

I took the long route and definitely got a good feel for the car. Worst part. Like most, I forgot to do the mundane things ... roll the windows down, try cruise control, honk that horn. But those are ancillary to the experience of flooring it at 40mph and feel that "pushing" hit of torque.

Note to all: If you were on the fence about perf or non perf, DO NOT DRIVE THE PERFORMANCE MODEL, it will cost you another 11k cuz you will change your mind on the spot. :love:

Too late!:cursing: My wallet is already lighter by the difference! But I do understand completely...:love:

Too late!:cursing: My wallet is already lighter by the difference! But I do understand completely...:love:

I've already decided to stay far, far away from the Performance model. I plan on getting the MS85 but MSP is just such a bargain compared to the ICE competition. I love, love, love bargains and I like speed even more. So there is no way I'll allow myself to get near an MSP. :crying:

Yo, throw me a bone guys; there's got to be a camera amongst one of you, pretty please!! Some green car shots and grey interior shots would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry ... no pics though I really dont think pics do any colors justice (much like the swatches they have in the store). BUT .. IMO, the green is not a good choice compared to other offerings. It's quite bland (if that makes any sense) for the Model S. Grey interior though .. looks really nice.

Also ... paint armor. Though I got it ... it looked like crap on the lighter colors. Buyer beware.

Yo, throw me a bone guys; there's got to be a camera amongst one of you, pretty please!! Some green car shots and grey interior shots would be appreciated. Thanks.

I walked around the green car with my camera (very high quality) in the NY thread. I took a *LOT* of video that's beyond the test drives, so if you haven't seen it yet, check it out. All on youtube -- here's my channel: http://www.youtube.com/goodwinb99