TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

Discussion in 'EVents' started by KeithE, Jul 6, 2012.

1. KeithE

KeithE Member

Has anyone received an invite yet? I'm so anxious to lock down the Friday drive since I will be traveling that Saturday. Assuming its in White Plains at the new store but haven't heard yet. Any one have an update? Thx!

2. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

Have received invites to two earlier drives but nothing for NY yet. As a Westchester resident, I'm also hoping it's at White Plains.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

White Plains would definitely be more desirable vs the crowded streets of NY. Keep in mind though, that while the Bronx River Parkway is an excellent place to test out the car, it can also be pretty packed at times.

4. KeithE

KeithE Member

I am in NJ so would actually prefer NJ or NYC. Just read they're opening a store in Garden State Plaza in Paramus and putting 4 charging stations in the parking lot with 2 test drive cars. Unfortunately, I don't think the store will open anytime soon. Probably at least 3 months away.

5. youlikeadajuice

A Tesla Rep at the NYC store told me that Tesla had an event in Princeton NJ at some point and thought that might be the location for the test drives as well. It seemed like it was pure speculation on his part though.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

That would be about an hour and a half outside of NYC at a minimum. Can hardly call that a NYC event.

7. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Hi All

P#9094 here -- Yonkers NY

A friend of mine went to the White Plains store today to look at the Model S and ended up putting his deposit down (P#10151). He told me that the rep at the store said the NY Test Drive might be in NJ in the Giants Stadium area.

Just thought I'd share that information with you -- makes more sense for a "NY" test drive than Princeton NJ. I personally hope it will be in the white plains area - closer to my home and more familiar - also with a chance for local street driving and highway (287 - Cross Westchester expressway).

Aaron

8. KeithE

KeithE Member

Thanks Aaron! Interesting that your friend was 10151. That's about 100 order increase from just 4 days ago. The demand seems to be ramping up exponentially. The naysayers are really going to eat crow and the short sellers will get crushed. I'm 9150 so maybe I'll see you there. Giants Stadium would be a great location given all the access roads there and proximity o NYC.

9. youlikeadajuice

Giants stadium would be great!

10. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

The Princeton event was last Dec. 3rd at the local airport... very cool to see the beta then. However, Giants stadium sounds a lot more likely for a NY event, unless they are splitting days in different spots or spreading the cars out.

11. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Giants Stadium would be cool. More driving for some of us; but it has a large parking area. I wonder if we will be allowed to take it on Route 3? Highly doubt the Turnpike due to tolls and distances between exits. However, that would be a great place to test acceleration

12. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

If it's at the Meadowlands, the "Floor it!" section can be on private roads around the stadiums. Probably could get an excellent test drive without ever venturing onto public roads.

13. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

The event will be in Mawah, NJ

14. youlikeadajuice

Mahwah would be great, it's only 15 mins from where I'm at! Where'd you get that info?

15. epares

epares Member

Hello all!... my first post,,, I also heard Mahway NJ from the NYC Tesla store this morning... great location,, close to major highways, 287, I 87.... looking forward to the test drive...

16. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

Just returned from White Plains store where I was told that they will have 10 cars at the NY Get Amped event.

17. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

Since there is no Texas event, I'm planning to attend the NJ event on Sunday. Hope to see some of you there!

18. NJS1207

NJS1207 Member

Has anyone received an invite yet?

19. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

I was told at the White Plains store that they would go out 8 days before the event. Should be any day now.

20. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Which should be this Friday, 7/13. (Oh no Friday the 13th)