Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received an invite yet? I'm so anxious to lock down the Friday drive since I will be traveling that Saturday. Assuming its in White Plains at the new store but haven't heard yet. Any one have an update? Thx!

White Plains would definitely be more desirable vs the crowded streets of NY. Keep in mind though, that while the Bronx River Parkway is an excellent place to test out the car, it can also be pretty packed at times.

White Plains would definitely be more desirable vs the crowded streets of NY. Keep in mind though, that while the Bronx River Parkway is an excellent place to test out the car, it can also be pretty packed at times.

I am in NJ so would actually prefer NJ or NYC. Just read they're opening a store in Garden State Plaza in Paramus and putting 4 charging stations in the parking lot with 2 test drive cars. Unfortunately, I don't think the store will open anytime soon. Probably at least 3 months away.

A Tesla Rep at the NYC store told me that Tesla had an event in Princeton NJ at some point and thought that might be the location for the test drives as well. It seemed like it was pure speculation on his part though.

Hi All

P#9094 here -- Yonkers NY

A friend of mine went to the White Plains store today to look at the Model S and ended up putting his deposit down (P#10151). He told me that the rep at the store said the NY Test Drive might be in NJ in the Giants Stadium area.

Just thought I'd share that information with you -- makes more sense for a "NY" test drive than Princeton NJ. I personally hope it will be in the white plains area - closer to my home and more familiar - also with a chance for local street driving and highway (287 - Cross Westchester expressway).

Aaron

Hi All

P#9094 here -- Yonkers NY

A friend of mine went to the White Plains store today to look at the Model S and ended up putting his deposit down (P#10151). He told me that the rep at the store said the NY Test Drive might be in NJ in the Giants Stadium area.

Just thought I'd share that information with you -- makes more sense for a "NY" test drive than Princeton NJ. I personally hope it will be in the white plains area - closer to my home and more familiar - also with a chance for local street driving and highway (287 - Cross Westchester expressway).

Aaron

Thanks Aaron! Interesting that your friend was 10151. That's about 100 order increase from just 4 days ago. The demand seems to be ramping up exponentially. The naysayers are really going to eat crow and the short sellers will get crushed. I'm 9150 so maybe I'll see you there. Giants Stadium would be a great location given all the access roads there and proximity o NYC.

A Tesla Rep at the NYC store told me that Tesla had an event in Princeton NJ at some point and thought that might be the location for the test drives as well. It seemed like it was pure speculation on his part though.

The Princeton event was last Dec. 3rd at the local airport... very cool to see the beta then. However, Giants stadium sounds a lot more likely for a NY event, unless they are splitting days in different spots or spreading the cars out.

Giants Stadium would be cool. More driving for some of us; but it has a large parking area. I wonder if we will be allowed to take it on Route 3? Highly doubt the Turnpike due to tolls and distances between exits. However, that would be a great place to test acceleration