Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Palo Alto, 7/14-7/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm, I should have written "I don't think they would put 19 inch wheels on a performance".

Maybe not, but I configured mine that way for the smoother ride, the longer range, and the lower cost and longer lasting tires, I have to admit, that I like the look of the performance wheels better and it was hard to give them up since as a sig customer I had paid for them, but I think I will be happier with the 19 inch wheels. The way I drive, it is unlikely that I will need the added traction of the 21s.

I think some of the cars seen in Palo Alto may have been purpose built for test drive use.
For instance, not Founders' cars on loan. These may be analogous to the old "VP" Roadsters which they sometimes called "marketing cars".
After the GetAmped tour, I would guess that they could end up at stores for future test drive purposes.
If Roadster history is any indication, they will probably get updated along the way as they make incremental improvements.
Also, they might sell some of them someday eventually.

I was also told by either Lance (Bellevue) or [Darn I never got his name] @ Seattle Amped that they would likely eventually sell them with a mileage-discount sometime after production has caught up to reservations. "Much like we did for the Roadster" was the summary given.

The Blue car in Palo Alto had perforated leather seats, which one of the Tesla guys agreed was a non-standard configuration. I guess they may have been the white/cream; I wasn't paying such close attention as I was too busy trying to cram an iPad into the glove box to see if it would fit... :)

Wondering if this is the correct place to post this video of my Palo Alto Model S Test Drive in July. I also posted in Events Videos, and incorrectly in the Palo Alto test drive for August - but perhaps folks looking forward to the August test drive will be interested in seeing the YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQTgF0oK4k
Well, nice vid. Nice detail on the suspension height changes.

The accel sections made me think of a little prop that would be nice for the camera-person to use in future videos: a kind of "gallows" with a little suspended weight to show the degree and direction of g-forces in real time. Would be easy to rig up!

a kind of "gallows" with a little suspended weight to show the degree and direction of g-forces in real time. Would be easy to rig up!

low-cost accelerometer:

Fuzzy_Dice.jpg