Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Palo Alto, 8/11-8/12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to drop by the Palo Alto Amped event just to check out the cars, but where in Palo Alto is it, and how do I prove to them my reservation status?

Tesla Motors
3500 Deer Creek Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
(650) 681-5000

I doubt if they'd want to check your reservation status per se. Tesla reps are very accommodating that way. You can always print out a screenshot of your "My Tesla" page if you really want to. Worst case, the employee parking lot there is wide open and no one should stop you from parking there and looking at the cars driving in and out.

Wow. Saturday was fun. I spent 7.5 hours at Tesla and took 100 photos and 11GB of video. I will be uploading soonish.

Hey Mike,

From the shadows in your video posted in the Real Pacific Blue thread it looks like you stayed around all the way till the end!

I had to leave at around 2pm. Did they bring the non-signature red outside?

I thought it looked really, really nice and very sporty with that black roof. I asked when that color would enter production and they said probably mid 2013. They explained that it has to do with the fact that there are only 10 paint setups ready at any given time. The non-signature red is the 11th color and will become the red choice only after all signature reds have been produced (incl. international).

Too long to wait for it, but it looks absolutely stunning.

Last edited:
Yup, I left just about 6pm.

The Sunset red was inside all day. I did ask, and they said that they didn't plan to bring it out. I don't know if they might tomorrow.

I agree, it looked very nice with the black roof -- I think it's very similar in appearance to the panoramic roof. That red looks really nice indoors. I wish it had moved into the sun.

A request for anybody going on Sunday. If you are able, could you please borrow one of the blue paint samples from inside (the ones where you can mix and match interior and trim colors) and take it outside to compare it with the blue car? I didn't think to do that Saturday, and I have a suspicion that those samples are lighter than the actual color on the car. If there's any chance of snapping a side-by-side photo, so much the better. The sample would probably have to be held at the same angle to the light as the car's body...