Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Portland, OR, 7/20 - 7/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed when you were reversing it seems that the main display ghosted out everything and automatically brought up the reverse camera. I had seen this question come up elsewhere and it seemed unanswered. Now we know the Model S has that feature.
I couldn't tell from the video if it was automatically done or the co-pilot. I presume you're referring to around 7:30 mark.

I couldn't tell from the video if it was automatically done or the co-pilot. I presume you're referring to around 7:30 mark.

Yes, around 7:30. The activation of the backup camera is unclear, as it happens out of frame of the video. But when the driver shifts out of reverse into drive, it's clear the car is turning off the backup camera and returning to the regularly scheduled programming on the center display.

Can you share more about how the main display showed the speedometer? Do you know what screen that was?

Yeah, according to Sean, our driver guide, this was only in the Black unit, and a custom config from the guys at the shop - for this test drive event. Not normal (at least for now) with the normal production units... though I think it would be cool. I don't recall how he called it up though.

I'm hoping they give res holders (in the coming months) a chance to book a one-on-one with the car. Something like one to two hours with a rep and a demo unit... so you can really get to know the car, test stuff, maybe drive it at night, and ask all kinds of questions, without time pressure.

Hence the name "kangaroo". I've never seen a kangaroo with a pouch on its back. ;)
But still, an odd concept to put one on the front edge of a seat.

Here's a snapshot of the front edge pockets. Sorry for the low quality.
It is quite small... the yellow ticket stub is 2 inches wide, and 6 inches long, and is in the pocket long-ways.

8951C028-9A01-4160-A8F1-5FB040DDF6DD.JPG

It is quite small... the yellow ticket stub is 2 inches wide, and 6 inches long, and is in the pocket long-ways.

Good find Andy. I'd be worried "out of sight, out of mind."
Did you go down there tonight? I almost left today to go check in, to see how our local crew is doing, now that the corporate team has moved on.

Did you go down there tonight? I almost left today to go check in, to see how our local crew is doing, now that the corporate team has moved on.
Yep. I was there around 6:45 to follow up on a few physical inspection questions that slipped my mind during the zoo last weekend.

There were a handful of sightseers for the 3 or four Tesla employees. Brian said he was incredibly tired - they haven't had a day off since July 9 - but that he (and I assume the other staff too) are getting some 'weekends' soon. From what I saw, as the team was answering questions of customers, they were still right on their A-game.

The coolest experience of the trip was hearing a loud conversation by some folks taking a rest over by the food court as I strolled into the mall's main entrance, about "all electric car" "zero-to-sixty in 4.4"... GeorgeB, your crew is doing the job well, and we thank you! :)

I wanted to confirm -- is this picture from the textile seat, or a leather seat? (btw, I think this pocket is great for things like parking passes, Altoids, pouches of tissues, etc.)