TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Get Amped Tour: Scottsdale, AZ, 7/13 - 7/15

Discussion in 'EVents' started by gjunky, Jun 30, 2012.

1. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Starting a thread to discuss information about the Get Amped Event for Scottsdale AZ to discuss who and when you get your email invites as well as information from the actual event as it happens. It might be possible that the store in Fashion Square is going to open around the same time (no information yet but the Mall is showing it as "Coming Soon" in their directory now). Information on the store and its opening could be posted here too.

2. MarkR

MarkR Member

I'm in for the test drives. Who else?

3. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Im 99% sure I won't be there. Fares to change my flights back from vacation are just too high, and I'm willing to wait if I must. Enjoy the new shop and the rocket ride!

4. MarkV

MarkV New Member

I am planning on driving on Saturday moring (14 July).

5. E-Revo

E-Revo New Member

I keep getting invites to te other events. I have not yet received my invite yet. I just declined Seattle and LA, hoping to get my local invite soon.

6. gjunky

I hope to drive on Friday. Invites seem to go out a week before

7. johndoe74

johndoe74 Member

I hope to have a test drive on Friday too, it looks like we will probably have a lot of time slots available: Test drive is next week and yet this thread hasn't even hit page #2. The Portland and Chicago threads already has 3 pages and their test drives are 3 weeks away!

8. Sousaphil

Sousaphil P2,595

I'll be booking a Saturday test drive as soon as I get my invite. If history is any indicator, I should get my email on the 7th or 8th.

I looked through a crack in the temporary wall at Scottsdale Fashion Square. They have substantial work to do, so I have my doubts that it'll be open on the 13th. Of course, with enough scheduled overtime anything is possible...

9. MarkR

MarkR Member

Just got the email for the Scottsdale "Get Amped Tour.".Will do the drive on Friday morning.

10. MarkV

MarkV New Member

Received our invite this afternoon and have scheduled for 10 am Saturday. I guess our prediction of connecting the test drives to the opening of the Fashion Square Dealership may be accurate as that is the location listed for the test drives.

11. johndoe74

johndoe74 Member

Hopefully they will include 101 in the test drive route. I can't see how we can 'amp' up to 85mph in downtown Scottsdale.

12. MarkR

MarkR Member

#12 MarkR, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Looks like the emails for Scottsdale, DC, and Palo Alto went out 9 days prior to the events. I'm fairly sure that MarkV is accurate that the location of the test drive is the new Scottsdale Fashion Square store. I'm kinda disappointed that there aren't viable locations for high speeds within the 8-10 minute parameter stated as the length of the test drive.

13. W8MM

W8MM R1.5 #325 + Mdl S #01380

Watch out for the speed cameras that I saw the last time I was in your town!

14. gjunky

Luckily the ones on the 101 freeway are gone now :)

Still no reservation email :(

15. Sousaphil

Sousaphil P2,595

I haven't received mine yet either. I'm P2,595 and not very patient in this instance!

16. johndoe74

johndoe74 Member

Has anyone received invitation email in the past 2 days? The first one went out on 7/4 but so far nothing after that. I am guessing since there are 3 test drive locations this weekend (3 cars per location?), it maybe the AZ slots are all taken up.

17. MarkR

MarkR Member

Meet, Greet (and drink?) - Saturday, July 14, 7pm

Arizona Enthusiasts Are Invited! My wife and I would enjoy the chance to connect with others and share impressions & questions after Saturday's Get Amped event in Scottsdale. Owners, reservation holders, and enthusiasts are welcome to join similarly minded Tesla affectionados at our home in North Scottsdale on Saturday, July 14 starting at 7pm. Plan to bring a partner, photos, questions, and/or concerns.

Yes . . . we know that some people won't have a drive time until Sunday and others may not have received a reservation at all, but that won't deter a lively discussion. if you're interested, please PM me and I will forward the address, gate code, etc. Hope to see you all next week! Mark & Lu

18. gjunky

Mark, Thank you for the invite and we would have loved to come but will be out of town that weekend. :(
    BTW: Still no invite. Perhaps people were off or the holidays at TM. (Silently hoping)

19. MarkR

MarkR Member

gjunky: Not exactly silent . . . you voiced your concern here! Hope that your invite comes soon. I can't imagine the reason for the delay, but I'm aware of other Arizonans with P2000+ rez numbers that have yet to get an invite.

20. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

I won't make it to Scottsdale for certain, but haven't recd the invite for any of the test drives next wknd. There was still a small chance I could go to the DC test drives since I'm here in South Jersey.