TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Get Amped Tour: Seattle, 7/6 - 7/8

Discussion in 'EVents' started by Francis Lau, Jun 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Starting a thread so folks can chat when they start getting invitations for Seattle. Let's see who gets the invitation first. I heard that the Seattle test drives will be out of the Seattle service center and not Bellevue Square. I wonder what color cars we will get.

Can a moderator make this thread sticky? BTW, who are the moderators? Is there a list somewhere?

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It's now stuck. :)

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

To locate forum moderators, select 'Quick Links" and then 'View Forum Leaders':

TMC forum mods.bmp.jpg

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I stopped by the Bellevue store today...they don't know what colors will be here. They are only expecting 4 cars, as after LA the fleet will be split up.

5. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Keeping fingers crossed for White, Silver, Green, Blue and Sunset Red.

6. The_User

The_User Member

Bellevue is certainly not Seattle. Hopefully the tour makes it to the correct side of the pond.

7. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

I believe the test drives are going to originate from the downtown Seattle Tesla store.

8. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

The other day (phone conversation) I was told it will actually be in Seattle. Perhaps not actually at the store?

9. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

In Seattle downtown traffic is not my favorite place to be driving a new unfamiliar car. I don't care how fast it can accelerate and decelerate.

10. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Anyone get their invite yet? Was expecting it today...

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#11 brianman, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    Just got my invite.

12. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

Just received my invite and signed up for the 10-11am slot on Sunday! It will be originating from the Tesla Seattle store.

13. agileone

agileone CDN P#40

Got an invite! Wasn't expecting it until much later since I am Cdn P40 . . .

Waiting for Toronto event...

14. clea

clea Member

got mine as well ... CDN P98. Will see if I wait for the Toronto event or see if they add more events (like if they come to Montreal ... hint hint).

15. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Hoping I'll get mine in the morning.

16. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

#16 Francis Lau, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    Would anyone be willing to take me as a passenger to the Seattle event? I know it is a lot to ask for but I will take lots of photos and video. I was at the Fremont event so I don't think I will get invited again :biggrin:

17. W8MM

W8MM R1.5 #325 + Mdl S #01380

I'm a little bit worried about the e-mail invitation process. We're R#44 and I received invitations for Freemont and Los Angeles, but nothing for Seattle.

I didn't respond to the Freemont e-mail and received the Los Angeles invitation just fine. I was under the impression that one could merely wait until an Amped-Up event was closer in physical proximity.

Since I got worried, I checked the LA invitation more closely and clicked on the "No Thanks" button for the first time and was led to a choice screen that was defaulted to "keep 'em coming" and pressed the confirmation button.

So, if the choice was defaulted to "keep 'em coming", I wonder why I didn't receive a Seattle invitation? I checked my spam scrubber, and found nothing in the garbage trap, so I am befuddled and a little concerned.

18. AndyM

AndyM Member

Seattle, not Bellevue?

Anyone willing to take on a passenger for the Seattle event? Send me a Private Message!
    I'm saving my test drive for Portland two weeks later.

19. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'd fire off an e-mail or call. Sometimes electrons follow undesirable routes.

20. AndyM

AndyM Member

I wonder if they are geo-targeting invitations, to fill reservations with "locals" first?
    This would explain the flurry of CDN Sig holders reporting invitations.