Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Seattle, 7/6 - 7/8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really can't believe that its the max regen without the tires breaking loose. I owned a Toyota RAV4 and at 80K miles I got the brakes checked. The rear brakes were still like new. The brake cylinders were bad so I was only stopping with the front 2 tires the whole time and this deceleration was significantly more than the Model S with it's "Max" regen. It's got to be either Tesla has decided to turn the regen way down for something like "driving experience" or it's close to the max recharge rate that the batteries can comfortably handle. At the moment I believe the first which means that an update to the software may provide stronger regen.
Actually, with the regen applying max drag to the rears already, the rear brakes would have little to do, while the front brakes are all that slows those wheels turning. So braking with full regen already on mainly adds the fronts to the mix. The rears are already doing all they can.
IMO.