Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Seattle, 7/6 - 7/8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got back to the office from my test drive as a passenger. A Sig reservation holder was nice enough to take me along since I took my test drive in Fremont. I got lots of photos and video which I will post tonight (in 8 hours or so). There were 5 cars - dolphin gray, pacific blue, white, black and another color I did not see; maybe the other white or starlight silver. But definitely no green or brown.

We rode in a perf dolphin gray with pano roof. The roof had the housing but no screen. The screen housing is definitively not production-quality; likely a prototype as it was poor quality. You will see it in the video later.

The back seat is very spacious and I think it can easily take 3 adults safely. I am 5' 10" and headroom was fine.

When I was at the Bellevue store yesterday, they thought brown would be in Seattle, but they weren't sure. I'm hoping you're wrong Francis, because brown was a color I really wanted to see in person. I'm also looking forward to seeing the gray since it was initially my top choice, but now I'm not so sure. Anyways, I'll find out tomorrow.

Any thoughts on the course?

The 5th color is a second black car, no brown, darn it! I agree with the comments on the pano roof, they definitely have a little work to do. The cross bar was Very cheap plastic and the trim at the headliner edge was just a black u-shaped trim on the beige/gray headliner.

As Francis's chauffeur, I can comment on the course. It was toned down quite a bit -- with all the construction going on in downtown Seattle, we got a good "rough road" test but there wasn't a good "open 'er up" segment -- the closest thing was 99 (Aurora) where we could do an astonishing 0-40 run (and I might have tested it slightly faster than that).

Loved my Model S drive and I'm trying to figure out how to bribe them to bring my delivery date up. :)

I'm still looking forward to the drive, as I am mainly interested in how the car feels in general driving situations, but still, I am dissappointed that they didn't have a place to test out 0-60.

PS: haha o's and 0's look almost the same in this font.

PPS: Okay, they only look similar in the Quick Reply text box.

test drove the black non-perf, standard interior, no pano-roof. (wanted to check out the standard interior)
I had enough space to almost do the 0-60 test (after the turn onto aurora), -- did the 60 part - briefly.

other aspects maybe different for the seattle test route:
there was enough traffic waiting for the stopsign on 6th to experience rollback on that slightly steep hill... there was another place I felt it -- I think not far coming from the store on harrison.
opportunities to hit a bunch of potholes and rough roads (at low speed) -- definately hit one spot of rough road - fairly smooth feeling with the air suspension.

they seemed to be having some trouble with the grey car - had it stopped for awhile between drives (they said they were trying to fix the nav system?), then during my test drive we saw it pulled over for a bit..