Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Seattle, 7/6 - 7/8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Fremont event, cars regularly disappeared for awhile, to visit the Supercharger. Wasn't too noticeable since they had 10 cars, unless you were specifically looking for a particular color, as I was. :)

I don't know if they had a Supercharger in Seattle, so if they were relying on a HPWC, maybe that could account for the car being gone longer?

I'm really disappointed to hear that there is no place on the Seattle circuit to really test the acceleration. I just watched a video on YouTube of the Hawthorn CA test drives and they had a special stretch of road that the cops had blocked off specifically for you be able to floor it. That kind of "closed course" driving is a great idea. I wonder if the Seattle PD was unwilling to let them close a street?

At any rate, my test drive is 2pm tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited!

here's a not so great pic of the test drive route (not to scale)
WP_000205.jpg

What the hell?? Fremont and LA got to take the car out on an interstate, and we're stuck with Aurora Ave? Speed limit 40?? I-5 is just as far the other direction. I'm seriously cheesed off we won't get to take the Model S on the highway.

I'm sure it's too late to get the route changed, but is there anyone we can complain about this to?

It''s pretty similar to the test drive route they used for the Roadster, even if you did get over to I5, you're unlikely to get to very high speeds with traffic and needing to exit quickly...
the point mentioned pre-drive is they want to give people a feel for typical driving (which i guess assumes city driving)

turn #6 is pretty tight to test the turning radius of the car (close to a U turn on 4 lanes).
2 of the turns are pretty blind turns, the acceleration helped (one of them i did end up turning out in front of someone, but got up to speed way before they could have caught up)

I was looking forward to being convinced I should spring for an 85kwh performance. A city street only test route ain't going to do it.

I've already opted out of Peformance since it's biggest and only gain is really in a drag race. The torque to push from 40 to 60 or 60 to 80 is vary similar with the 85kWh pack and I'm not a big fan of the 21" dark rims, leather piping or CF accents. I got a close up view today.

Actually, they had the drivers door pulled apart and they were fixing a door handle issue. They were not charging it. I'm going tomorrow for the actual test drive. Today was being sure my son could get used to the play area.

Just reporting what I heard when they told everyone the blue baby was going to the back. :)