TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Get Amped Tour....sucks to be in Dallas (now Atlanta)!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by pete8314, Jun 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

#1 pete8314, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Hi All.....I'm fairly new to this forum, and a relatively new reservation holder (P8901), but still, I was hoping that the test drive tour would come through DFW, seeing as there's a good number of reservation holders here.

Ho hum. Guess we wait to see what happens after the first 45 days...? I'd happily fly to the factory if there was a guarantee of a test drive (and ideally a factory tour :) )

2. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

I'm in San Antonio and will be reserving in November so my number will easily be above 10k. I wouldn't be to worried I think since our numbers are both high, later on when they have more product to use I'm sure they will have an event in Dallas.

I just hope I am reserved by then :)

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

4. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

Not sure, but I am going to be so jealous for the next 12 months watching you guys test drive and get your Model S's. I am hoping more San Antonio people jump to get a Model S, lord knows I have been advocating. Of course, all of my friends/family think I am crazy spending so much cash on a vehicle. :)

Voting with my dollar is what I tell them. Anyway, yeah that law may have something to do with it. Definitely something I hope we get an answer to, I wouldn't like to buy this vehicle without testing it out first.

5. mklcolvin

mklcolvin #P-5058

Get Amped - please include Dallas!

Same here. I'm hoping that they at least come to Dallas or Houston (3-4 hours from Shreveport). My family also think that I'm crazy, but it's more than a car, its a statement about energy independence and our ecosystem. Being cool as well as beautiful doesn't hurt, either! :biggrin:

6. strider

strider Active Member

If you're willing to fly then I'm sure you could reserve a slot at whatever event you wish. Doesn't have to be the one closest to you.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Nissan put on a test drive of the Leaf, so I don't see that it being dealer monopoly problem. My guess is that there are not enough reservation holders in Texas for them to care about.

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Texas seems just as populated with reservations as Colorado or Arizona.

9. jerry33

Maybe it's a scheduling thing then or their traveling salesman's program is broken.

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

At least you don't live in New Orleans. They look to be the most left out, in the 48.

11. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Could it possibly have to do with the strange 'Dealership Laws" in Texas that might not allow them to give test drives without having a dealership and location?

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Though I'm not sure if the fact that Nissan does have dealers in that state makes a diff

13. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

A bit OT

This is a bit OT, but if Texas laws require us to 'buy' the car in California, what does that mean for sales tax, tax waivers, rebates, etc. I don't know the California incentives nor do I know how they imapct our TX sales.

14. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

The North American continent has 49 federal U.S. states and ten provinces and three territories in Canada. It is obvious that a tour with 11 locations cannot come to all of them but I hear Texans only calling it out - TM forum, TMC, blog comment section, everywhere :biggrin:

15. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Well they are spoiled with a store in Houston. Us in Atlanta are used to getting nothing. :biggrin:

16. mklcolvin

mklcolvin #P-5058

ElSupreme,

Yep, it gets lonely here in the real LA - at least when it comes to getting Tesla love. Louisiana is probably third to TX & OK as oil states. At least I'll have probably the most unique car in the state for awhile, 'til the word gets out!:biggrin:

17. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

18. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

You pay Texas sales tax and would take Texas EV incentives (there are none of course).

19. jerry33

It appears as if you purchase the car in Florida. At least that's what the reservation agreement says.

20. heems

heems Member

Looks like Dallas is at least being thought of next year with a store of its own...
    From the 2012 annual share holder's meeting: Screen shot 2012-06-09 at 2.33.48 PM.png