Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Toronto, Ontario, 8/3 - 8/5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prime Mover

R Sport #1029; S #2117
Aug 3, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Well, as the only Canadian stop on the "Get Amped Tour", it was about time that we have our own thread to talk about the event.
I am hoping that some of my fellow Roadster owners will want to try to rendezvous ahead of time to talk about the Model S.

P.S. My wife loves to drive the Roadster but does not know that I am reservation holder #22 for a Canadian Signature. I hope she will forgive me when she finds out.

Hi All,

Signed up for 10 am Friday. Really looking forward to it.

A couple of questions for the group :)
1. Can you switch drivers mid-drive?
2. Can you add passengers at a later date (so far it is just my wife and I)?
3. Can non-reservation holders apply for a drive on these dates? I have a friend who is really keen on ordering one but wants a test drive.

Only 2 things will stop me getting this car:
1. I don't fit in it (I'm 6'6").
2. Tesla decides on an outrageous premium for Canadian pricing.

Thanks

A couple of questions for the group :)
1. Can you switch drivers mid-drive?
2. Can you add passengers at a later date (so far it is just my wife and I)?
3. Can non-reservation holders apply for a drive on these dates? I have a friend who is really keen on ordering one but wants a test drive.

1. Tesla says no.
2. Yes; atleast at Fremont, they didn't actually check the passengers' IDs or anything like that as long as they (the passengers) brought along a printout of the test drive confirmation.
3. One can sign up on the Get Amped page but, probably no chance till all reservation holders are exhausted.

Hi Doug. I've booked for Friday from 2-3pm if you want to be my guest. I know it won't be the same as driving but we would love to entice you to come to Toronto. I have a 70 amp HPC about 15 minutes from the test drive location.

Good to know about the HPC! It's so rare that I get to use 70A on the road.

I would enjoy riding along - during my drive I was concentrating on the handling and performance of the car, not the other aspects. It would be great to have a better look at it. I'll have to see if I could make it for Friday.

Hans did confirm that I won't get an invite because I drove in Fremont. Maybe if I show up they'll find a way to slip me in somewhere... :wink:

Doug, isn't the Model S going to be your wife's car?

If she didn't get to go to Freemont with you, then Hans really should acquiesce imo...

If I'd known they were going to give you grief on this, I'd have saved a back seat spot fer ya...:redface: