Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Toronto, Ontario, 8/3 - 8/5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks gg_wants_a_tesla for the answers above.

I have seen some references to Hans. I tried contacting him a couple of months ago a number of times to no avail. I finally contacted Tesla head office and they told me Hans was away until the fall.

Seems that is wrong. Is Hans indeed the current Canadian rep?

I received an email from Hans on the 10th of July, so he's around.

I have seen some references to Hans. I tried contacting him a couple of months ago a number of times to no avail. I finally contacted Tesla head office and they told me Hans was away until the fall.

Great news. I like Hans. Weird reply from head office.

Lots of knowledge here so another question:
What are the Canadian car differences? I have heard DRLs and some difference with the bumper.

DRLs, yes. Bumper, no. As I understand it, part of the reason why the production car looks a bit different from the prototype is that the design was modified to meet Canadian regulations. I believe they're trying, as much as possible, to design a single vehicle that meets all global requirements. I know that there must be some difference for Europe due to conflicting regulations but it makes sense to minimize the changes as much as possible.

Canada also requires an "immobilizer", which is a digital lock from the FOB. All the cars already have that.

I'd love to come, but it's August long weekend - that's cabin time for my family, and my wife's birthday. And she wants to be at the cabin...
S1 won't be there?:crying: Terrible.:cursing: Tell your wife you have a responsibility to EV posterity to make an appearance and accept the applause and admiration of the media and masses! :cool:
Or SLT. :confused:

I think Hans is involved with the Get Amped tours - I believe I saw him in one of the many test drive videos from Fremont. Although he mould most likely be back for this event. Great guy!

Last edited:
S1 won't be there?:crying: Terrible.:cursing: Tell your wife you have a responsibility to EV posterity to make an appearance and accept the applause and admiration of the media and masses! :cool:
Or SLT. :confused:

I'm actually just a regular Signature, so first of the mere mortals ;^) We're heading out to Winnipeg for a date: supper and the Bomber game. Although I actually would prefer an overnight date in Toronto - 4 kids and 10 years of marriage means that doesn't happen much these days! At the same time, I don't really need a test drive... if it was an hour-long one, maybe it would be worth the 5 hours + $ to fly.

Last edited:
I think Hans is involved with the Get Amped tours - I believe I saw him in one of the many test drive videos from Fremont. Although he mould most likely be back for this event. Great guy!

Yes, Hans was there, helping out. It's not unusual for people from the stores to help out at the bigger events. For the earlier factory tour event they had people in from all over the world.

Does anyone else think we'll get the cars from Chicago for Toronto Get Amped? (It seems that Miami is closer to Houston than Toronto...) So the Miami cars will go to Houston, the Chicago cars will come to TO, and the cars that were in Portland will make their way down to Palo Alto... Although the Toronto event is the only one this weekend, so we might get something different... Anyways my guess is we get Blue, Black, Grey, & Silver...

Last edited: