Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Toronto, Ontario, 8/3 - 8/5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For you VIN watchers, I believe the cars were numbers 102, 104, and 112 at the event. Good luck Tesla with the rest of the weekend!

Many thanks for the direct "nod" there! 104 is the black, 112 is the silver. 102 is one we haven't tracked before... Can you tell us which it was, and if it was Performance or not?

Glad you got to drive the Model S. I love hearing how the drive compares to a Roadster Sport.

Many thanks for the direct "nod" there! 104 is the black, 112 is the silver. 102 is one we haven't tracked before... Can you tell us which it was, and if it was Performance or not?

Glad you got to drive the Model S. I love hearing how the drive compares to a Roadster Sport.

I guess that would make VIN 102 the Blue Model S. Of the three cars at the event, only the Black (#104) was a Performance model.

My test drive was in a non-Performance model and I did miss the acceleration that the Roaster has. Whether you are going 40km or other speeds, when you hit the go-pedal in the Roadster, you get pinned to the seat. I love that feeling. MNX got to drive the Performance yesterday and said the acceleration at speed was there in that version of the S.

Acceleration isn't everything, so I am sure that people are going to love their Model S vehicles no matter what their configuration but, for me, I need the rush of the Performance vehicle even if in Toronto it is just to get me to the next traffic light.

Last edited:
I guess that would make VIN 102 the Blue Model S. Of the three cars at the event, only the Black (#112) was a Performance model.
Thank you! I've been hunting for that one. Did you - anyone else - get a picture of the VIN on this car, so we can verify the check digit?

for me, I need the rush of the Performance vehicle even if in Toronto it is just to get me to the next traffic light.
Ditto. I need that "teleportation" option to make me smile.

Thank you! I've been hunting for that one. Did you - anyone else - get a picture of the VIN on this car, so we can verify the check digit?

Ask and you shall receive...

Blue VIN.jpg

Here is a picture of the Blue Model S VIN plate. It says "5YJSA1AN9CFR00102".

Finally I had the chance to drive the Model S today. This weekend was the first time I saw the car for real. I was driving the performance version. There are some small drawbacks but otherwise I wouldn't mind to have the car in my garage. It all depends on the Canadian pricing. I was told that within 7 days the prices should be announced. Also I spoke with one Tesla employee who will be working at Toronto Tesla store, Yorkdale Shopping Centre. He said they will open in November.
DSCN2304.JPG

Last edited:
Finally I had the chance to drive the Model S today. This weekend was the first time I saw the car for real. I was driving the performance version. There are some small drawbacks but otherwise I wouldn't mind to have the car in my garage. It all depends on Canadian pricing. I was told that within 7 days the prices should be announced. Also I spoke with one Tesla employee who will be working at Toronto Tesla store, Yorkdale Shopping Centre. He said they will open in November.
What's your hoped/guessed delivery date; Feb-March?

Finally I had the chance to drive the Model S today. This weekend was the first time I saw the car for real. I was driving the performance version. There are some small drawbacks but otherwise I wouldn't mind to have the car in my garage. It all depends on Canadian pricing. I was told that within 7 days the prices should be announced. Also I spoke with one Tesla employee who will be working at Toronto Tesla store, Yorkdale Shopping Centre. He said they will open in November.
View attachment 8550

I bet we've heard the small drawbacks already. Thanks for not listing them. :)

There is one that isn't answered yet - switching between metric and imperial units for the speedometer. I'm assuming the cars were set for the correct units for your drive... and probably before you got in, and likely not adjusted afterwards. Still, did you happen to note to change display units?

I drove the silver Signature non performance. I have a regular production (#362) on order and now considering switching to a Signature. :)
I would say I am a "car guy" currently drive a 2012 Acura TL and a 2005 Porsche 911S. The Model S is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Awesome power, great handling and ride and beautiful interior. I had no issues with the interior quality. The 17" touchscreen is awesome.
When the charger is connected it's really cool to see the green ring flashing. Can't wait!
One observation though. My Tesla co- pilot said there were no Performance versions there (incorrect) another person initially said there were no Signatures there as well. I was told by more than one person that pricing and updated delivery info would be in 2 weeks.

No, in these test drive cars the speedometer was in miles only. Switching between metric and imperial units for the speedometer will be possible later in the production cars.

This is extremely important to me. Even though I'm in Canada, I still prefer my cars to be in US units. My current car is easily switchable between Metric nd US and I like the speedo, odometer, temp readouts etc. to be in US units when I drive.

Mike

This is extremely important to me. Even though I'm in Canada, I still prefer my cars to be in US units. My current car is easily switchable between Metric nd US and I like the speedo, odometer, temp readouts etc. to be in US units when I drive.

Mike

If I was Canadian I'd want my units to display correctly. It should be beyond easy for Tesla to program a switch to change it back and forth. It's likely done already and waiting on someone to put it out in an update.