Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Around Tesla Spotify Frustrations [open spotify via in car browser]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a way to get around Tesla's Spotify outrageous ineptitude.

1. In the car: FM Radio > Change audio selection to an active but silent one---in my case, Bluetooth.
2. In the apps tray, select Browser.
3. In the browser URL line, write/select "open.spotify.com" Your Spotify profile page [should] appear.
4. Enjoy your music.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveNN
Here's a way to get around Tesla's Spotify outrageous ineptitude.

1. In the car: FM Radio > Change audio selection to an active but silent one---in my case, Bluetooth.
2. In the apps tray, select Browser.
3. In the browser URL line, write/select "open.spotify.com" Your Spotify profile page [should] appear.
4. Enjoy your music.

Wait what? I don’t get it but I’m interested. What do you mean FM Radio - Bluetooth? And does this work when the car is in motion?

Would love some more detail here. If it works you’d change my life!

Reactions: DaveNN
Will try this... cheers.

ATM I find that I'm doing a soft reset every other day..
Tesla get so much right but can't offer a 100% robust Spotify app..
Mine just sits there trying to connect ....

My irritation with Tesla Spotify is that it won't play an album. When I select an album it jumps to "XXX Radio" and plays songs from every artist except the one I wanted. Someone on Reddit said that turning off streaming fixes this problem and it does work. The problem is that you have to turn streaming back on to change audio sources. Incredibly annoying.

My irritation with Tesla Spotify is that it won't play an album. When I select an album it jumps to "XXX Radio" and plays songs from every artist except the one I wanted. Someone on Reddit said that turning off streaming fixes this problem and it does work. The problem is that you have to turn streaming back on to change audio sources. Incredibly annoying.

@RenMan68 You can play an album. Instead of hitting the "Play Radio" button on the album screen, just tap on the first song on the album and it will start playing the album. And then you will have the "Up Next" section and can skip forward/backward in the album.

1663248482212.png

Reactions: RenMan68
I shamefully take back what I've written on Aug. 24, starting this conversation.
It worked well 2-3 days, then, maybe, Spotify noticed I hear unpaid music and the whole scheme collapsed. Now I'm already a Spotify paying customer and all is well---technically.