Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get back those dropped framerates with v9

Have you been satisfied with the UI responsiveness in v9?

• No, the framerates are not acceptable. I have noticed a change for the worse between v8 and v9.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • I have not noticed a difference in performance between v8 and v9.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Yes, the framerates are acceptable. (I also may enjoy console games at below 30fps)

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically, the v9 UI is a "least common denominator" solution. To the lesser equipped 3, there's not much of a difference. But to S/X, it negates one of the biggest differentiators of those two models. Not sure how much Tesla cares about S/X issues in the future, because in the long run, model 3 will vastly outnumber S/X.

Another factor is that the rumored Model S interior refresh moves toward the Model 3's interior and single landscape screen.

with 42.2, the trick to open the easter egg sketchpad to obscure the map layer eliminated the Slacker stuttering/glitching issue for me (MCU1 / AP1).

FYI I recently updated to 48.12.1, and I now notice that every time I get ouf of the car (ie park/lock the car for even just a minute), when I get back into the car the map is no long covered by the sketchpad! I have to manually set everything back the way I wanted (sketchpad covering map, music on bottom, rear camera above), each time I go to drive the car.

I'm pretty certain this is new behaviour and that with 42.2 the sketchpad previously stayed put unless you did something with the UI that got rid of it (e.g. bring up nav or close the sketchpad yourself). The stuttering in Slacker in 48.12.1 is less frequent than before but still exists, and the sketchpad workaround still seems to work - BUT it's very annoying that the sketchpad closes for no reason now and you have to reposition everything each time.

with 42.2, the trick to open the easter egg sketchpad to obscure the map layer eliminated the Slacker stuttering/glitching issue for me (MCU1 / AP1).

FYI I recently updated to 48.12.1, and I now notice that every time I get ouf of the car (ie park/lock the car for even just a minute), when I get back into the car the map is no long covered by the sketchpad! I have to manually set everything back the way I wanted (sketchpad covering map, music on bottom, rear camera above), each time I go to drive the car.

I'm pretty certain this is new behaviour and that with 42.2 the sketchpad previously stayed put unless you did something with the UI that got rid of it (e.g. bring up nav or close the sketchpad yourself). The stuttering in Slacker in 48.12.1 is less frequent than before but still exists, and the sketchpad workaround still seems to work - BUT it's very annoying that the sketchpad closes for no reason now and you have to reposition everything each time.
Leave it to Tesla to "fix" a usable workaround..... Probably didn't like being embarrassed by something so low tech.