TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Get Elon to discuss Climate Change with Donald Trump! Petition

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Raindog1, Nov 19, 2016.

1. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

The transcript of the NYT interview with Trump shows that Trump entertained phone calls from both Bill Gates and Tim Cook.

Elon Musk should also call Trump as he has opened more factories and hired more manufacturing workers in the US in recent years than Apple and Microsoft combined..

Trump said: "I was honored yesterday, I got a call from Bill Gates, great call, we had a great conversation, I got a call from Tim Cook at Apple, and I said, ‘Tim, you know one of the things that will be a real achievement for me is when I get Apple to build a big plant in the United States, or many big plants in the United States, where instead of going to China, and going to Vietnam, and going to the places that you go to, you’re making your product right here.’ He said, ‘I understand that.’ I said: ‘I think we’ll create the incentives for you, and I think you’re going to do it. We’re going for a very large tax cut for corporations, which you’ll be happy about.’ But we’re going for big tax cuts, we have to get rid of regulations, regulations are making it impossible. Whether you’re liberal or conservative, I mean I could sit down and show you regulations that anybody would agree are ridiculous. It’s gotten to be a free-for-all. And companies can’t, they can’t even start up, they can’t expand, they’re choking."

Unless Elon Musk runs them.

2. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

Wait, so it's okay for Apple -- a company hoarding hundreds of billions offshore to avoid taxation -- to get incentives and tax cuts, but the idea of Tesla/SpaceX getting even a handful of incentives/tax cuts is ripping the American taxpayers off?

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. voyager

voyager Member

High time that green investors (like Musk and Tom Steyer) bundle their PR, and tell non-believers like Trump that the earnings, the innovation potential and competitive edge is in greening the economy.

4. SDRick

SDRick Active Member

Does anyone know if Trump has ever been in a Tesla? That would be a great first step.

5. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Elon should not waste his time convincing hardliners about climate change.

His pitch needs to be that he's creating American jobs and manufacturing opportunities right here at home. He needs to put the pressure on such that it puts Congress in a difficult position were they to ditch funding for any one of his ventures,

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

7. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

His Tesla ownership is documented here:

and here

but these aren't very trustworthy sources

8. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member