Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get J1772 adapter to pop charge port door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very cool @lolachampcar!!

Congrats on getting it to work!

I'm very curious to know how much the whole circuit can be shrunk to explore feasibility of somehow modifying the J1772 adapter to incorporate it...

Edit: and if you need any more testers, I can help with whatever you like...

Fobs out today via first class mail.

It is a bit of a PITA to get the case open to install a battery. I use a small screw driver and start at the "loop" end of the case where you would attach a keychain loop.

Please pay particular attention to how the battery goes in. The larger part of the battery case is positive and is meant to be in contact with the battery retaining bracket. The smaller round cap on the battery is the negative and is meant to contact the round pad on the key fob printed circuit board. Get a hold of me if this does not make sense.

Bill

Anyone get a fob yet?

Well... I received the envelope, the USPS managed to lose the FOB, see attached picture..
I had to blank out your and my addresses/names, don't want that on the interweb :(

image.jpg

Well... I received the envelope, the USPS managed to lose the FOB, see attached picture..
It looks like what I got in the mail some time ago: I had a friend sent some orange tree seeds. He sent them loose in the envelope. When I opened the envelope it looked like they ran the envelope through a steam roller - a powder of seeds fell out. The second time he sent the seeds in a small plastic box in the envelope. It still looked like they ran it through a steam roller and the envelope was torn, but the plastic box with seeds was still intact. I think to avoid the steam roller, you need to send items in a padded envelope. Best to use priority mail with one of their small boxes.

That is two for two. I guess it is time to make up some more and use a real delivery service.

My bad..... I even took them to the Post Office and had them metered to make sure everything was ok. I guess the USPS' sorter is only good for separating fobs from envelopes.

The chips have OTP that is copied into XRAM at run time. You can use the SiLabs BDM to download and run directly from XRAM on a new part but, once programmed and locked, there is nothing to be done with the parts. If you get a 315 MHz dev. kit like I did, you will need to buy a BDM and some new parts to swap out the pre-programmed part on the SiLabs key fob.

There are others in Europe that have already done this.