Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get J1772 adapter to pop charge port door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off great job!

Secondly, have you tested this with the 433MHz signal for EU cars. If so, or would like an EU beta tester, would you consider posting one to the UK?

We get shipped straight type 2 to type 2 "Mennekes" cables over here as standard kit, so missing the button :( I've bought myself a Pebble as a stopgap, but TBH the lag is terrible using it with an android phone :(

I'm guessing the ping rate from here to MyTesla and back isn't helping matters either, as the phone app is very slow and unreliable :(

TIA
Simon

More fobs just shipped.

Perhaps it is time to review a few things buried further back in this thread.

The postal service requires I send the fobs with that stupid piece of white paper stuck in the battery to isolate it. I really am not sadistic and would prefer to assemble the fob before it goes.

I test every fob against my car before it ships (hope Tesla is not listening as they may void my battery charge door warranty :) ).

Take care in assembling the silicone rubber membrane and related plastic separator as there are tabs that need to line up. If you are looking for them, they are easy to see.

The fob was a simple build of a few hundred of the Silicon Labs fob development board as there was not enough volume (or any money) to warrant a ground up design. The buttons are not the best but at least they work.

Best Regards,
Bill

For those interested, drop me a PM with your name and address (or an email to bill at lolachampcar with the obligatory dot com - please include your TMC screen name in emails as it gives me a way to say thanks when I receive payment) and I will get a fob mailed out to you. If you like it, keep it and put a $20 in return mail. If not, just send back the fob.

Bill

Hi Mr Williams,
Is this similar in the European version of the UMC? I know that a resisitance is used between earth and the proximity pin to define max charging amps. Is that where an additional resistance is activated when pushing the tesla connector button?
Is it always a 330 Ohms resisitor?

Thanks!