Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get paid by Alectra for EV charging data monitored by Fleetcarma device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely any electrical utilities would be able to monitor this without having to pay people. Look for accounts where there is fairly high usage for a few hours between 00-07 hours. Then look at the hourly or minutely usage on the account.

Toronto Hydro wants sent me a report saying that I was one of the highest uses of electricity in my neighbourhood and therefore bad for the environment. They missed the fact that I drove an EV so was way more environmentally friendly compared to people who own ICEs.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Surely any electrical utilities would be able to monitor this without having to pay people. Look for accounts where there is fairly high usage for a few hours between 00-07 hours. Then look at the hourly or minutely usage on the account.

Toronto Hydro wants sent me a report saying that I was one of the highest uses of electricity in my neighbourhood and therefore bad for the environment. They missed the fact that I drove an EV so was way more environmentally friendly compared to people who own ICEs.

With Ontario getting rid of TOU rates, using 00-07 hours no longer works. You're not wrong that they could probably figure it out, but i dont know how accurate it would be.