Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get the Headrest a Little higher?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyway to get the headrest a little higher than it goes when you adjust it?

I'm not a tall person, i'm only 5'10, but for some reason i have a strange sized body. I don't fit in some rides because the over the shoulder things won't close on my shoulder.

This also translates into the bottom of the headrest jamming in between my shoulder blades. I tried raising it, but it doesn't go 'up' high enough to move that lump out of the middle of my back. I drive about 75 miles a day, about two hours in the car with traffic. This seems to be just enough that by tuesday or wednesday there is a pain in my neck, and by friday it's constant. I don't drive much on the weekend or not for a long time, and i start to feel better by Sunday, but then, repeat. It's now Thursday night and i'm uncomfortable sitting and typing this.

Any suggestions?

Yeah. According to the owner's manual for the X, your headrest are adjustable. Just like the later year S's, the headrest adjustment is part of the lumbar support controls. Press the lumbar support control button but (no kiddin') look at the center console display, the adjustment is shown in the lower left corner.

Look on page 18 (or so) of your manual.