Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get the JackPoint Jack Stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thread revival!

I've been looking for a jackstand like the RennSport or Jackpoint, but obviously using the wrong search criteria. I saw a Ranger using the Jackpoint's on his last visit and asked him about them. I was sold on the unit until I saw the price... $319 a pair?!? I am obviously paying a LOT in R&D and to fund a small market product. Does anyone know of a less expensive outlet than jackpointjackstands.com? RennStand is slightly cheaper at $125 each.

I guess I'll build my own. I have plenty of know-how, welding skills and metal stock to build something for a 1/10 of the cost.

I just purchased one of the Rennstand safe jacks as they are having a 20% off sale now. This will eliminate having to use two jacks to rotate from front to rear. Promo code GEARUP2019 at safejacks.com No affiliation with this company.

It seems to be much more compact than the Jackpoints and will probably allow me to have this in the car on long trips with a bottle jack to allow road side repairs of a slow leak with a tire plug.

5CEDCCA1-741E-4CE8-A1D0-070F80670B0C.jpeg 06FB43C5-8282-400D-91E8-F11ADC14621D.jpeg B1B420BB-291A-4685-B505-C09DAECD8F45.jpeg 9BE77175-E651-47EE-BC6F-B3751EDDBF5C.jpeg

I got the quick jack 7000...allowed me to lift entire car quickly...store flat under car when not in use

I just purchased one of the Rennstand safe jacks as they are having a 20% off sale now. This will eliminate having to use two jacks to rotate from front to rear. Promo code GEARUP2019 at safejacks.com No affiliation with this company.

It seems to be much more compact than the Jackpoints and will probably allow me to have this in the car on long trips with a bottle jack to allow road side repairs of a slow leak with a tire plug.

any issues with these scratching anything? They don't have any urethane padding like most jack pads have for the model 3

Maybe I'm missing something.

Short of putting the air suspension (if equipped) in jack mode, which is a requirement not exclusive to Tesla, what sort of special procedures are required to use an automotive lift on a Model S? It's a car. It has four very well marked lift points. That's about the extent of what you need to know.

The lift point is relatively narrow and the battery extends down below the edge of the lift point. If one isn’t careful he can jack up the car with part of the jack catching the battery pack, damaging the bottom of the battery pack.

Reactions: StarLog
I like that idea. Good price too.
The safejacks seems like a good idea but very overpriced. I was also reading the comments on youtube and many people are saying they are not engineered right and unsafe. Not sure why

Tony, since you mention it, I would tend to agree with what youtube folks are saying. From only the looks, they look like they could tip forward or backward a little too easily. Considering the weight, considering the value of the Tesla and safety of ME, seems wiser/safer to go with the more expensive Jackpoint. Just need one good time to justify to myself the expense. The mission would need to be more than just a tire rotation.

• Informative
Reactions: BigTonyTones