Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting 90D Delivered, Need Help with Car Name

CAL19

May 11, 2016
Texas
I am getting delivery of my 90D this week. I have been asked what I am going to name the car. I think there is a place in the dashboard where you enter the car name. I was wondering what are typical names for a car. What did you name yours? etc.

CAL19

May 11, 2016
Texas
Nice Rockster,

Here are my Specs lets see if this helps, maybe someone has a creative name for me.

Model S 90D
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels

INTERIOR
Grey Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Rear Facing Seats

Dealanach

Jun 13, 2016
Lyndhurst
What is your ancestry? What local native tribes lived in the area where you now live? What are your interests? Passions?

For instance, my family line traces directly back to Mary, Queen of Scots. So I chose Dealanach for the car name which is Scottish Gaelic for 'lightning' or 'electrical' and got the license plate DEALAN. If you see pictures online of someone receiving delivery of a white model S in a kilt, that's me!

DÆrik

Feb 14, 2016
Colorado
I have yet to name my car and I took delivery a week and a half ago. Pearl white with all chrome wrapped matte black. Thought about the typical "Storm Trooper", but that is over used. So if you have any ideas, I'm open.

BTW, Congrats on the car!

Thanks Erik

H2OU

May 17, 2016
Colorado
I have yet to name my car and I took delivery a week and a half ago. Pearl white with all chrome wrapped matte black. Thought about the typical "Storm Trooper", but that is over used. So if you have any ideas, I'm open.

BTW, Congrats on the car!

Thanks Erik

How about FN-2187, if you want to get Star Wars nerdy!

DÆrik

Feb 14, 2016
Colorado
How about Moonraker? ;)

I decided on the most lame name ever. But I made it easy for when I buy another one! Just change the number on the end. I decided on.......... Wait for it........... "TeslaInventory.com #1". So I'm not winning any creative name awards, I can live with that. I guess this is why I don't have kids either. They would be named #1, #2, and so on.

Thanks Erik

LastGas

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
If you're old enough to remember the Knight Rider TV series, you could name the car KITT. I'm also struggling for a name. You're welcome to some of my rejects:

Wingardium Leviosa (car has smart air suspension)
Bilbo (car has hairy toes...err maybe not)
Hammer
The Flash
Batmobile
NCC 1701
Last Gas 100 Miles (my Xbox gamer tag)
White Lightning (the car is white)
Spook
Stealth Mode
Optimus Prime
White FBI Surveillance Van (my Wi-Fi network name)

Reactions: DÆrik

LastGas

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
I found a cool name on the Delivery spreadsheet: Full Metal Tesla (I think a reference to the Japanese Anime series).

I remember when my first son was born. I refused to pick a name until I actually saw him. Maybe your car will inspire you when it's delivered.

Reactions: Ormond

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC