Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting a baseline 100% range on 21" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't charged my S75 RWD to 100% since getting the 21" arachnids and wanted to get a baseline full charge rated range. When the charge got close to full the charging rate changed to "Calculating time remaining..." and it stayed there for a while. Took this pic when it said 8kW and it slowly reduced to 2kW before I finally gave up and went home. Never got to charging complete.

IMG_4567.JPG

The battery stayed at 235mi for about 4.5 actual miles of my drive home before finally dropping to 234. After that the drain seemed to pick up pace and it sorta evened out.

Trying to understand what my max rated range is with the 21" wheels to determine how much battery degradation I've experienced so far. S75 should have 249 rated miles new so factor in 3% loss for 21" rims and it should be 241-242 rated miles on a new battery?

Maybe after a couple more 90% cycles I'll set it to 100% and let it charge over night to see if it changes anything...it really seemed like it didn't know where full was.

You can also see the effect of getting the arachnids had on my average Wh/mi in the trips. The "Wheels" trip is all the miles on the arachnids. Lifetime was around 290 Wh/mi before getting them.
IMG_4568.JPG