Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting a bit cheesed off with software glitches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I spoke to Tesla they seemed to think it was installing and said I might break the window glass if I tried to open the door. Didn’t really want to risk it.

The doors and windows work fine when software is updating. I’m not sure why Tesla is telling you otherwise. Must be a new person who doesn’t actually know what they’re talking about.

• Informative
Reactions: SalisburySam
You'll know in future ...
By ‘future’ you mean the next time the flakey product bricks itself and the manufacturer can’t provide the right advice. If I was the poster I’d also still be wary against going against the manufacturer’s advice on the basis of something i had read on a forum (much as I’m 99% sure the forum was right).

By ‘future’ you mean the next time the flakey product bricks itself and the manufacturer can’t provide the right advice. If I was the poster I’d also still be wary against going against the manufacturer’s advice on the basis of something i had read on a forum (much as I’m 99% sure the forum was right).
I had someone at Tesla tell me quite forcefully my malfunctioning air conditioning was nothing to do with the windscreen replacement they carried out. Totally wrong.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
I had someone at Tesla tell me quite forcefully my malfunctioning air conditioning was nothing to do with the windscreen replacement they carried out. Totally wrong.
Yep, I certainly don’t think they are right all the time. Just if they told me the window might break, I’d probably follow their advice and wait for the update - rather than something going wrong against their advice.

We’re talking about the software update process. What do you mean by “the next time the flakey product bricks itself”? You make it seem like this is real issue that people are likely to experience and on that basis I regard it as FUD. I have not heard of the product bricking itself. Tesla carries out literally millions of software updates… I’ve experienced about 60 of them. It appears to me that there was some lack of clarity in the communication between the OP and the Tesla rep and the individual giving advice could have done a better job of determining what the OP was asking and then responding in a more appropriate way.

Reactions: ACarneiro
We’re talking about the software update process. What do you mean by “the next time the flakey product bricks itself”? You make it seem like this is real issue that people are likely to experience and on that basis I regard it as FUD. I have not heard of the product bricking itself. Tesla carries out literally millions of software updates… I’ve experienced about 60 of them. It appears to me that there was some lack of clarity in the communication between the OP and the Tesla rep and the individual giving advice could have done a better job of determining what the OP was asking and then responding in a more appropriate way.
I’m just going by the individuals experience. As far as he was concerned, he could not use his car. You know better, he didn’t. Climb off the high horse.