Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting alert reduced power while playing console games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While playing console games in the arcade, the alert “Power reduced Service is required“. It is alert DI_w062. When I exit the arcade, the alert disappears after a second or two. While charging the car and playing games, the alert does not appear. If I stop charging, but leave the cord attached to the charge port, the alert does not appear.

I do not get the alert while driving.

What does this mean?

Is my 12v battery wearing out?

Is it something else?

I bought the car (Model S) in October 2019 and have not replaced the 12v battery.

While playing console games in the arcade, the alert “Power reduced Service is required“. It is alert DI_w062. When I exit the arcade, the alert disappears after a second or two. While charging the car and playing games, the alert does not appear. If I stop charging, but leave the cord attached to the charge port, the alert does not appear.

I do not get the alert while driving.

What does this mean?

Is my 12v battery wearing out?

Is it something else?

I bought the car (Model S) in October 2019 and have not replaced the 12v battery.
I would say your 12v is starting to go. If you got 3 years out of it you did pretty well IMHO. I replaced mine at 3 years as a preventative measure before I left on a road trip.

My 2016 S 12v battery lasted just over 5 years but got a clear warning message that the 12v battery needs to be replaced. Usually, when that warning appears you have 3-4 weeks to get the battery replaced. I'd be a little more worried that something else is going on with the DI-w062 message. DI = Driver Inverter issues. From the service codes, the text is "Drive Inverter warning: System limp mode triggered".

Unless you have high mileage, I'd expect your 2019 S to be still in warranty, so let Tesla solve it!

Thank you for your replies. Both are things to consider.

I Have been thinking more. I may stress the battery more than normal because I set sentry mode every evening. Also, the fact that the alert does not occur when the charge cable is in place seems that the alert is dependent on a voltage or amperage level. If the 12v battery voltage or amperage is low, then having the charge cable attached would supplement that, thus no error. This assumes playing an arcade game draws more power. I notice that when playing an arcade game the dash screen is dark.

On the other hand, the error message is about a drive inverter. Where do you find the service codes? This is puzzling because the car is off, in park, and drive motors are not active. So why this error instead of a 12v battery error?

Thank you v or for the information on service codes.

Tesla just replied:
1452C1D5-F174-41A0-A09D-D56258C8D0D0.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl