Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Captia Messages when trying to post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a rather annoying Captia request when trying to post to the forums right now and I have no clue if this is something on the site's end or mine. It has gotten worse from just requiring me to click a box that says "I am not a robot" to also now requiring me to select images of pancakes.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I have only one single page open to the site currently, and this is a brand new reimaged computer as of like 1 week ago, so it seems unlikely I would have ruined it this fast, haha! (I tend to reimage my computer every 6 months just for good measure.)

I wouldn't mind getting the message, but I do mind that it froze up and blew away the entire message. No recovery.

Not cool.

My AI recovered my message in full, by going back to the same spot and using auto restore ( I just did few tweaks to it)

I thought you were a Royal, but it turns out maybe not. Or maybe even our species has Royals

Last edited:
My messages are available for edit, but wiki post goes blank when I try to edit wiki posts.

I noticed that when I try to edit a wiki, I get signed off TMC. When I sign back in, I am not in edit mode anymore.

Some details:

I use Chrome on Windows 10. I use LastPass (sites password manager).
I removed TMC from LastPass, did not make a difference.
Tried editing wiki post through Windows Edge, no difference, site signs me off and wiki post goes blank in edit mode.
Tried Firefox on Mac, no difference.

Not that I am desperate to edit the wiki, but curiosity is bugging me.

Enabled some more firewall features after repeatedly getting probed by fake googlebots. In my testing (and I suspect for the majority of users) there are no issues so that makes it harder to troubleshoot.

Regarding editing a wiki post, you are not actually signed out, it just looks that way. That feature is a bit of a quick and dirty hack.

Enabled some more firewall features after repeatedly getting probed by fake googlebots. In my testing (and I suspect for the majority of users) there are no issues so that makes it harder to troubleshoot.

Regarding editing a wiki post, you are not actually signed out, it just looks that way. That feature is a bit of a quick and dirty hack.

Maybe so, but I've learned my lesson. I copy my message before hitting SUBMIT. There has to be a better way.

Can confirm that it isn't even consistent for me. Right after posting about having issues it stopped giving me trouble. That was on my PC, Chrome, Win 10. On my phone, interestingly, I have not seen it at all (Android 6 and Chrome).

I will echo Bonnie's issues, the bigger annoying bit was if you navigate "back" you really mess thing up... So if you are seeing the captia, do not try going back or you will also lose what you typed.