Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting coal rolled in Eureka CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That still shot of the plate in the middle is pretty clear, but I doubt those trucks are illegal. If they are, we have a crime wave on our hands.
Visible smoke is illegal in WA. Take the footage to to police and file a complaint. In some areas, that might even be classified as harassment.

That was kinda weak. It’s not very clear if he was doing it since you were there, he could just have wanted to accelerate as quickly as his slow vehicle was capable of. Maybe he thinks it’s exciting or something.

I had this happen a few times in ICE vehicles that didn’t look particularly eco, once in the Leaf, never in the Tesla yet.

That was kinda weak. It’s not very clear if he was doing it since you were there, he could just have wanted to accelerate as quickly as his slow vehicle was capable of. Maybe he thinks it’s exciting or something.

I had this happen a few times in ICE vehicles that didn’t look particularly eco, once in the Leaf, never in the Tesla yet.
look at it again just before he takes off; you don't need that much power to get going. he gunned it in neutral and that was the worst one. If my window had been down I'd be writing from the great beyond.

Reactions: SMAlset
Also, as far as coal rolling goes, that was pretty weak. I’ve seen 520Ds do better than that!

The 3/4 and 1 ton diesels probably cost more than a Raptor. But I'm not 100% convinced that this was a "roll coal" thing, either. I have a Dodge with a Cummings. First year they put the smog stuff like EGR and DPF on it. I have since taken that stuff off, because the early stuff basically just will not run with it it is so bad. But before I did, the truck would constantly get plugged up and get to the point where it would smoke like mad. Usually when I was towing the race car, though, so more loaded than this guy. But again, when you see guys deliberately doing this, the smoke is usually heavier.

The 3/4 and 1 ton diesels probably cost more than a Raptor. But I'm not 100% convinced that this was a "roll coal" thing, either. I have a Dodge with a Cummings. First year they put the smog stuff like EGR and DPF on it. I have since taken that stuff off, because the early stuff basically just will not run with it it is so bad. But before I did, the truck would constantly get plugged up and get to the point where it would smoke like mad. Usually when I was towing the race car, though, so more loaded than this guy. But again, when you see guys deliberately doing this, the smoke is usually heavier.
You have a dodge with a Cummings?