Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting coal rolled in Eureka CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read up on how Oregon became a state, and pay particular attention to how the citizens voted on statehood, property ownership, and race. Oregon's territorial attorney general also had some choice words for Congress.

Not much has changed since 1859 for many of its citizens.

One question that I have:

When I lived in Shasta County thirty-five years ago, it was quite common for residents of Shasta and Siskiyou Counties to buy their vehicles in Oregon. First, no sales tax. Second, the registration fees were peanuts. All it took was a good friend or relative who lived in Oregon for the address of record, yet these owners were bona fide residents of California. I suspect that this behavior hasn't changed much, and that Humboldt and Del Norte Counties experience this same behavior. It is quite possible that this perp is in fact a California resident.

CHP used to investigate those scofflaws and slap them with large penalties for not registering their vehicles in California. I am not sure that they pursue this function with much priority in recent years. But I live in Fresno County, and perhaps this is too far south to be on their radar, even though I have reported two residents in the neighborhood with Montana and Nebraska plates who have lived here over three years.

I don’t think that was coal rolled. Just normal *sugar* coming out. Still illegal. I’ve read it’s way worse than that if you get coal rolled. Like soot stuck all over your car. He might be capable of that, but it didn’t look like it to me.

I don’t think that was coal rolled. Just normal *sugar* coming out. Still illegal. I’ve read it’s way worse than that if you get coal rolled. Like soot stuck all over your car. He might be capable of that, but it didn’t look like it to me.
That was intentional, depends on how far the mods went on the truck to “role more coal” the more aggressive the mods and tune are then the more unburnt fuel can be sent out the exhaust

Has anyone tested how bad something like that is? I mean, would a coal rolling truck NOx emissions be equal to 100 normal diesel trucks? It always seems to me that getting one super polluter off the road would be a far more efficient way to address vehicle emissions.

look at it again just before he takes off; you don't need that much power to get going. he gunned it in neutral and that was the worst one. If my window had been down I'd be writing from the great beyond.

I don't think he hates Teslas. If you notice, the worse one was right after he drove by the gas station sign advertising diesel for $4.00/$4.20 cash/credit. Since he's out of cash each month, he has to charge it.

It's painful paying $4.20/gallon when you only get 9 MPG overall. He was just letting out his own frustrations. :D And probably a bit of the previously suggested small weenie syndrome.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Funny story, my other vehicle is a 1996 Ford F250 with the 7.3 Powerstroke diesel. 340,000+ miles, and it admittedly has its fair share of smoky moments due to worn injectors (stock).

Do they make "My other car is a Tesla" stickers?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC