Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting defects fixed after a contactless delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MY on order with an expected delivery in the next 2-4 weeks. I'm going to be out of town one of those weeks and when I told my SA this, he said they can do a "contactless" delivery where I sign and pay everything online and they just drop the car off at my house. If I end up going this route, what happens if I come home and find there are issues (panel gaps, paint chips, etc.) with the vehicle? Can I still request to get them fixed? Is there like a "7 day, 100 mile" policy or something?

If you prepay and choose contactless delivery, you only have 1 day to accept delivery. Tesla does usually take care of the defects and fix them. However, if there is anything major, if you do that, you might not be able to reject delivery and get a new one.

If you prepay and choose contactless delivery, you only have 1 day to accept delivery. Tesla does usually take care of the defects and fix them. However, if there is anything major, if you do that, you might not be able to reject delivery and get a new one.
Thanks. My SA did say holding the vehicle was an option but I've seen other evidence from people online saying they won't hold.