TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Getting fed up with getting ICE'd

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Hitman007, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

So here in Florida, and especially at Disney, not getting to a charger because an ICE car is parked in the spot is becoming an everyday occurrence. Now keep in mind that Florida seems to attract those who are NOT the brightest lights on the tree so you would expect a certain amount of people who can't read and understand a sign. But now its getting ridiculous. To do my little part I have printed up some 4X6 cards to leave on their windshields that says: "Please do not park in electric car parking. This is our "gas station" and when you park here you prevent us from charging our car and we might not be able to get home." Thank you. P.S. I have noted your license plate in my database. If I catch you doing this again you will not get a note. You will get zip strip paint remover on your hood. Have a nice day."

What do you think? Too harsh? lol

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. nnick01

nnick01 Member

Like everything but the threat of tracking them and paint remover. Kill them with kindness.

• Like x 4
  3. SM18

SM18 Member

I'd leave out the postscript. Most people don't even recognize EV chargers for what they are.

4. JetKit

JetKit Member

I like the text and I would take out the PS.

Usually I have this issue at the Promenade in coconut creek. I insist in calling the lot security and cops, assure to note their names in a serious manner (I am fugly, so that part of the intimidation is easy) and remind that it is their job to enforce parking regulations. I am not asking for favors.
    You would be surprised to see how many times the culprit is a local employee.
    It is a convenient place with a restaurant right in front, so I can have lunch and wait for the tow truck. Sometimes I few tempted to give $20 to the tow driver for minor extra scratches that may or may not occur in the offending vehicle.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I think that you have some serious personality disorders, you could seek out professional help, you could start by finding a new screen name to go by.

6. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I would change the wording and remove "parking" and replace it with "charging spot". That differentiates it from parking. Also remove the threats.

• Like x 2
  7. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

I like the threat but I see your point. I have removed the PS for now...

8. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

#8 Hitman007, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    I do have many anger issues. But because your signature says "I do not accept the Cubs as being the World Champs" I have to discredit everything you say. Yes they are the Champs and Trump is your President and the Earth is not flat.

9. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

I like your style!

10. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Remove the threat. The recipient will take it out on the next EV they see.

• Like x 2