Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting five high pitch beeps (like tuts sound) coming from the center screen when on NOAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just returned from a 1,500 km trip and while on NOAP we had multiple occurrences of this five-beep warning with no visual messages. Sometime, this sequence of 5 beeps would repeat 2 or 3 times in a row. No change in the NOAP driving, no lane changes, no visual clues but just those annoying five beeps. Tried to disable the blind spot chime and the speed warning but made no difference. Did anybody had a similar behavior and was able to figure an explanation.

Not sure if this is the same sound but when NoA is no longer available my X plays a multi note sound. Example I leave the restricted access portion of Route 1 in Delaware and transition to 2 lane each direction. Autosteer and TACC is still active. When I travel in the opposite direction a slightly different sound plays when NoA kicks in.

I’ll listen and try to count the tones next time.

I was on the 401 highway with clear sky, the NoA continued to work normally and nothing different with the driving. The five beeps are exactly the same tone. If nobody have any idea, I will try to record it next time. I am on version 2019.24.4.

NoA off and on is three beeps/tones dropping (off) and rising (on).

No idea what five is. Collision alarm? Side intrusion? I do wish these had a pop up or alert so we had confirmation.

If it’s the same tones as NoA on/off that may be new but haven’t heard it. I would not call NoA on/off high pitched beeps, which sounds more like collision alarm.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH